Chapter 19: The Party 🎊

Just as I expected Sohail wasn't home yet and we were all ready to leave for the party. I wanted Sohail to be there by time but texting him would make me look like the impatient one.

"You look wonderful darling, Sohail must regret this." Aunty Laila teased playfully. Uncle Ghana, chuckled.

"You look lovely," Uncle Ghana complemented. I blushed and glanced down at my beautiful red dress, embedded with golden and emerald stones on neck and sleeves, I pinned my green dupatta on my right shoulder, it was long enough to bother my red heels if I hung it diagonally so yeah I let it hung down lose. My five feet height could be annoying and bothersome at times.

We all got in our car, Uncle Ghana drove with Aunty in front and me at the back. They both were talking about something but I just didn't snap out of my own world until my phone rang. "Hey, everyone is here. They are all asking about the bride.." Mahreen said. I sighed.

"The bride is on her way, without her groom." I whispered.

"Oh oh no no noo.. Shit!! Adam is here gawping at Amna. I totally don't want you to come alone. Have some pride girl!"

"He is busy at work. I have no choice, I can't dodge the party." I reasoned.

"Oh my goodness..Samreen now what do we do. Mom's literally gonna flip and-"

"Yeah just don't tell her, ill try and do something. OK bye, on our way" I hung up on her and sighed.

The gates of my house seemed bigger as we neared them, as soon as the car came to stop I jumped down and rushed inside leaving Uncle Ghana and Aunty Laila giggling at the thought that I was desperate to see my parents.

Finally I was home, but keeping my emotions aside I rushed to Ahmed who was in the male portion, it took me fifteen minutes to reach him after greeting all the female guests that congratulated me. "Where's the groom?" Aunty Shazia came over and asked.

"I have seen him Mom.. He's really handsome." Hira muttered, winked me and her mother nudged her.

My maternal side was huge, My mom were four siblings. First there was Uncle Sajjad, his wife Shazia. He was also Adam's and Hira's Dad, and Mom's eldest brother. Then it was Mom with us three. Then it was Uncle Majid, his wife Sara and their one and only 10 year old son, Ibrahim. After Uncle it was Aunty Saima Mom's youngest and only sister, she was also the one who knew I had feelings for Adam, she just didn't know how intense they were. She was blessed with a little daughter after years of her marriage, named Aiza.

Aunty Saima dragged me before I could reach out to Ahmed. "Off all the people in this world, I could not attend your wedding??" With her hands on her waist she glared at me.

"I went to attend a simple wedding, didn't know I would leave it as a bride." I reasoned.

"Still, you should've called me.. I would've came with even one shoe in my foot." She wrapped her arms around me but just as she let me go her eyes drew to Adam sitting in the male section, sipping water. "What about him?" She asked.

"Well, now its nothing." I said.

"What do you mean. You don't like him anymore?" She asked. I shrugged.

"I do but, he was getting married.. and I didn't know I would get married even before him.. now I don't see us getting along in the future." I said.

"Can I tell you something? But promise me you won't scold me?" My eyes widened, I leaned forward. My heart racing faster, whenever she would start something like that I always got into trouble. I don't know what is it this time. "Promise me?"

"Just tell me.." I was freaking out. She looked around and dragged me further away from the crowd, instead we were in Mom and Dad's bedroom now.

"You know the day you got married.." She started, I nodded. "Adam also distributed his wedding invites that day." I nodded again. "I was devastated when I received them.." my eyes widened. "I went to their place and talked to Sajjad and told him about how you feel for Adam. I asked him too..." my vision started to blur in front of my eyes..

"Oh shit!!" With my hands on my head I wanted to scream. She squeezed her eyes shut, no matter how cute she looked I was still angry at her and dashed out of the room. Just as I was about to reach out to Ahmed, Mom grabbed me.

"Where is Sohail? I have been looking all around.. I couldn't find the both of you.. where is he?" I heaved an exaggerated sigh out. I was frustrated at Aunty Saima and now Mom. Everything was getting on my nerves and now Sohail. Why couldn't he be here by now, it's already 10pm. "Where is he..?? I'm talking to you Samreen.. answer me?"

"I don't know.." I hissed at her, she glared back.

Soahil should've postponed his meeting, I married him without any thought and he couldn't even come to party that he was already informed about.

"My family wants to meet him, I invited all of them here and-"

"Then.. whose mistake was it to get me married to him huh??" I asked. Mom just huffed and stomped on her feet as she walked away.

Tears weld up in my eyes, nothing was right. First Adam getting married to Amna, then my own confounded wedding and now the issues.

"Hey, where are you? I have been..." Mahreen approached me but I just turned around and walked upstairs in my room ignoring her only to see her following after me. "What happened to you?" She asked, politely. I wrapped my arms around her and wailed like a baby.

"I'm tired.." I muttered. "I feel lonely.. This Adam thing is slipping out of hands.. Unckr Sajjad knows everything now, what if he bring it up in front of Mom, what if it slips out of his mouth around Sohail.. then Sohail I mean why would a husband tolerate his wife's past lovers stories..  and now.. he is isn't coming and mom is upset at me. Sohail and I are fine but you know we are not so comfortable.. I'm still not mentally abke yo expect him as a husband, I cannot ask him to stay even if I want to.."

"Then why don't you?" My eyes widened in shock, I immediately let go of Mahreen and looked upto Sohail standing in a nice neat blue suit with a plain light blue shirt and black polished shoes. His hairs nicely combed resting at the back of his face with a gentle look on his face. His eyes deeply boring into mine before he stepped inside. "I have been told someone was restless for their husband to show up?"