Chapter 27: The Bitch. 🐶

The bitch! What the hell? How dares she take advantage of my absence and get her hands on my husband.

Sohail, immediately stood up on his feet and so did Rania. "Samreen?" Sohail said sounding confused before he could utter a word, Uncle Ghana stepped out of his bedroom and stared from Sohail to Rania, and than back at me. The tension was in the air and it worsened when Aunty Laila and Kiran stepped inside.

Aunty Laila's eyes landed on me then she turned back to face Rania, her eyes widening in disbelief. "Rania?" She muttered her name, as she walked inside and forced a smile at Kiran. Kiran was unaware of all the tension and uneasiness.

"Asalamualaikum Kiran Bhabhi.. how come you're here?" Sohail said diverting all his attention to Kiran, never once did we share a gaze. He was completely ignoring me and I couldn't help but feel heartbroken.

"WalaikumaSalam Sohail Bhai, we bumped into each other at the market." She answered in her same excited manner.

"What about Hanif? He texted me you guys were here in Islamabad last week. I asked him to come visit sometime." Sohail said. Aunty Laila walked further, she couldn't stop staring Rania.

"I have called him, Samreen invited us for dinner today on our meet up." Kiran said flashing a smile towards me, I did not show my frustration so I forced a smile back and marched upstairs in my room with all the shopping bags in my hand and dumped them on the bed.

I huffed in annoyance and looked at myself in the mirror, I looked fatigued not as fresh as my competent. I unwrapped my scarf, walked inside the washroom and washed my face, with a facewash. Scrubbed my hands and feet. Walked out to change my clothes and wore a nice plain black kurti with black embroidery on it, a plain black trouser with black embroidery and I slipped into the black khusa's that I just bought. I rolled my hairs in a bun, did some make up and last but not the least I applied some lipstick. I pulled my black dupatta and hurried down the stairs. I checked my watch and took me 12 minutes to get done with everything in the quickest time possible.

I walked down the stairs my eyes landed on the man that preoccupied my chair beside Sohail. I assumed his friend Hanif was here and just as I walked down my eyes landed on Rania who was still here and was accompanying us for dinner. The worst part was that she was sitting next to Sohail, just on his left whereas Hanif was on his right. Aunty was sitting in front of Sohail right beside Uncle. Kiran was sitting on Hanif's left and there was no chair left for me at the table. It felt like Rania was a part of the family and I was just a temporary infatuated piece of garbage.

No one even noticed me when I walked down and even stood in front, until I cleared my throat. "Oh, Samreen dear.. you could pull yourself a chair?" Aunty Laila said.

"No no Bhabhi.. you come sit here. I'll move instead." Hanif immediately stood up on his feet leaving his half eaten plate.

"No Bhai, I'll grab a chair. You can enjoy your food." I said, upon a little insisting he sat down and dragged myself a chair from the kitchen counter and made my space between Sohail and Rania. Sohail's eyes lifted up in amusement but soon Hanif Bhai diverted his attention.

I put some chicken and rice on my plate, Sohail noticed and passed me a spoon before I started eating. "So Rania, what have you been upto these day?" Aunty Laila initiated conversation. Hanif and Sohail were talking about something but both diverted their attention to Rania.

"Mummy I have.. I mean Aunty. I'm sorry.. I have been at a friend's place from the past few days." She answered, I shut my eyes close for a brief sigh. She didn't have to call her 'Mummy'. What is she trying to claim that Sohail is still hers?

Kiran butted inn. "I assume you aren't married yet cause my husband doesn't let me stay at friends." She added with a chuckle.

"They are your male friends! Off course no sane husband would allow night stays." He said in his defence. We all chuckled and then went back to our conversation that did nothing to relive my awkwardness.

"No I'm not married yet. The guy I wanted to marry married someone else." The bolus in my mouth came to abrupt stop. Sohail's eyes lifted up and landed on her then on me and back and fourth. Aunty Laila almost choked on her food and Uncle Ghana was silently observing everyone. Hanif also sensed the tension but his wife was oblivious of the situation.

"I can understand. I could not stand the thought of someone marrying Hanif ever since my eyes landed on him." She added.

"Off course, it tears you apart to see your man with another woman. A woman he doesn't even know." I wanted to splash the glass of water over her face and then break it on her head. How dare she? Sohail hadn't touched his food from past five minutes and Aunty Laila was also totally involved and as baffled as everyone else was.

Hanif had definitely not shared how I ended up marrying Sohail with his wife even though he himself knew. "Who is this other woman? May be you can show her where she belongs and get your man back. Fight for him!!" Kiran supported Rania and gave her hope and inspiration. Sohail was uncomfortable but not as angry and agitated as I was.

"I will." Rania assured her vicious eyes deeply boring into mine. My meter shortened, I pushed the dinner table hard and stood up on my feet.

"Enough!" I shouted. All the eyes lifted upto me and for a moment I blanked out, as I contemplated what I just did. Sohail stood up with me and one by one everyone stood up.

"Yes she's right. Enough is enough.. let the woman live who married the man and stop this negativity at the time of dinner." Uncle Ghana said assertively. I sighed in relief and wanted to squeeze him in a hug for saving me at the very moment.

"But Samreen.. I was just." Kiran tired to make her point and huffed in defeat.

Thankfully once again, Uncle Ghana interwined. "Allah is the one makes pairs. We all should respect his decision and obey it especially after it's done." Uncle Ghana said I mouthed him a thank you but he just gave a brief nod over that.

"You're right Uncle, you never liked me anyways." These were Rania's last words as she left our house.

"It's time we also leave. It's too late anyways." Hanif shook his hands with Sohail and Kiran said her goodbyes. We walked over waved them at the door and asked them to visit next time even though we knew they wouldn't dare.

Just as we shut the main door behind Uncle Ghana walked over to me. His eyes lifted up in utter disappointment. "I hadn't expected such an immature behaviour." I bowed my head down in shame. I knew I should've tolerated, at least not made a scene in front of Sohail's friend's.

"I'm sorry but she was indirectly mocking me." I apologized but also reasoned my actions.

"So what? She was a guest. You could've stayed silent. She wasn't taking Sohail home with her anyways, right?" He asked. I knew I was suppose to nod and I did but after that I silently walked upstairs with tears rolling down my eyes.

Sorry guys I have been busy with exams and stuff.
Hope you liked this chapter.

Please vote and comment and let me know your views. Enjoy reading! 📖