Chapter 20: The Issue🤔

Mahreen grinned at me before rushing out of the room, Sohail was in this room for the first time so he looked around, two single beds that were joined together as double. A messy dressing table and a closet that had more clothes on the outside than on the inside. Mahreen was a mess. Messy enough to make me feel embarrassed of this room.

My eyes lifted up to Sohail, he stepped forward and finally stood in front of me. "The dinner has been served." He spoke, his eyes never leaving mine.

"Yeah! Let's go." I said, and tried to walk away, the temperature in this room was more than 100 centigrade and I could no longer breath, Sohail just would not stop looking and I was feeling awkward and uncomfortable. Just as I walked past him, he grabbed my hand and made me stand right face to face.

"I tried to wrap up the meeting as fast as I could but still I'm sorry." He apologised, I nodded and tried to walk out again but this time he rested both of his hands on my shoulder in a firm grip. "Talk to me about whatever you want, even if it's about Adam." He said. I shook my head. And then nodded again. Yeah, I wasn't in my right senses. "Tell me if you want me to stay, cause I will." Sohail added. "I'm ready to give this relationship a chance." I looked up to him and nodded again. "Now let's go, I couldn't walk in with you together but I could walk you down."

With his hand on my waist we both walked down the stairs as the guest gapped at us, unconsciously my eyes drew to Adam and we shared a brief look, a small smile on his face which assured he didn't feel anything for me despite all the pain I have gone through. Adam had his eyes locked with Amna and that's when I noticed her.

She was beautiful, fair, slim and modest. The dress she wore was even more beautiful, the golden freckles on Crinkle Chiffon, Off-white,
Embroidery Style: Hand embellishmented motifs and heavy embroidered borders. Her hairs were curled from the bottoms and Adam wouldn't stop ogling at her.

Just as the stairs ended Sohail and I were about to parts ways but a little crowd gathered around us. They all congratulated us and gave us their blessing. Some aunties handed me envelopes.

Adam stepped forward when everyone else approached the food. "Many many congratulations to the both of you." He said and his eyes bore into mine. I wanted to look away but I couldn't. I liked Sohail but I couldn't bring myself to love him yet and why couldn't Adam love me. Why is it that the one person who you look upto doesn't even spare you a glance. "We have met but not very much nicely." Adam stretched out his hand for Sohail. Sohail glanced at me and took his hand for a shake. "I'm Adam, I'm her cousin like brother. Let me ascot you to the male's side." Sohail was taken away to the male's side and was left staring at the two.

Cousin like BROTHER?? My Foot!

I went to the females after filling myself a plate, and sat beside Mom. "About before-" she started.

I put my plate aside and hugged her, "I'm sorry I vented out some else's anger at you." She patted my shoulder and smiled.

"I know. That is why I sent Sohail upstairs." She said.

"So it was you!" I came to a conclusion. He somehow happens to hear me whenever I'm talking something bad and weird about him or when it's about Adam. I think he heard everything.

"So how is everything with him?" Mom initiated.

"Alhamdulillah everything is fine. He's nice and trying to give us a try." I answered.

"And what about you. Are you giving him a chance?" She asked, I looked up at her and thought about it. Am I really giving Sohail a chance or am I just fooling around? Mom looked at me and smiled.

"I was upset at your Dad about what he did but I don't dislike Sohail. He's nice, he's respective, responsible and very handsome." She playfully nudged and winked at me. I smiled at her until Aunty Laila and Shazia pulled their chairs towards us.