Chapter 35: The Arrangement.

"Wipe out the dust I see on the rims of the vase." I ordered the waitress as she walked past me. She nodded and with a scowl she hurried to the table I pointed my finger at.

Adam and Amna were on the stage having there romantic photoshoot with smiles never leaving their faces. Amna was dressed up in that same silver shimmer gown we had bought on the very next day of my wedding.

I hadn't seen Adam in tuxedo ever in my life and couldn't help the hanging jaw. His silver grey tie complimented Amna's dress really well. He wore a plain white shirt beneath and dark black coat hung on his broad shoulders, accentuating his slim arms. The coat was rather lose on his body and hung till his hips. His pant was slim and the polish on his shoes shined. My eyes drew to his arm, he placed his hand on her shoulder and her chin lifted up, her heart must've skipped a beat as her smile widened.

I rolled my eyes away, Sohail and I were married in such a haste. We didn't even get a proper photoshoot, not that Sohail would ever want to have one now.  "Like what you see?" I turned around to the familiar voice and my smile widened.

There he was, my groom. Dressed in navy blue tuxedo, the perfect fitting of the coat emphasising his physic, his strong muscular arms. Full-length sleeves going up till his wrist. The plain white shirt beneath the dark red tie he wore, hid behind the first two buttons of the coat. His pant was nicely fit and dropped down till his ankle. His blue shoes shined with each step he took into the bright light. My eyes lifted up to his face when he stopped and smiled at me, despite the fake smile that he forced on his face I still found him handsome.

He just have had showered, his hair were still wet. A strand of his hair fell on his face covering half of his eye. I looked into his eyes and stepped forward closing the distance between us, I pulled myself up and on my tip toes I placed his strand of hairs behind his ear lobe. "Yes, I very much like what I see." I assured boring my eyes into his brown ones.

"I wasn't talking about myself." He added but I didn't move my eyes away.

"But I am." I said, his eyes never leaving mine either as we remained still for a moment or so.

"Ma'am, we don't have enough white roses." The waiter interrupted. I immediately pulled away from Sohail and ended up tripping in my own foot the heel I had was a little too long for me. I was about to hit my head but Sohail grabbed my hand and pulled me up embracing me in his arms. My eyes widened, just after I pulled myself up and stood properly. The waiter chuckling and giggling at us. "Are you alright Ma'am?" The waiter approached me.

I nodded and walked away from Sohail as I accessed the decoration and theme. "Where are the decorators? It was their job to arrange everything in the first place." I asked looking around.

"They left." He informed.

"What? When?" I asked in disbelief. How dare they? They cannot leave even if they had been paid without finishing their job. "Tahir, Amir, Bilal, Shifa..." I called everyone.

They all lined up respectively as I narrowed by eyes at them. "Yes Ma'am." The all said monotonously.

"Couldn't any of you tell me? When and why did the decorators leave?" I asked, Sohail walked towards me accessing the tension in the air and lifted his eye brow up. "The decorators left leaving their job undone. We don't have enough white roses." I told him.

"You have placed three on each table, how about placing two on each?" He suggested. I liked his idea and that was what could've been done in the very moment.

"That's true but their behaviour is inappropriate. And none of my employees have the eyes to note and tell me." They all lowered their heads in shame and nodded as they swept on their feet and filled the rest of empty vase with two roses.

"Is everything alright, Samreen?" My eyes diverted to the Adam when he asked. Sohail also turned around and they both stared at each other for a brief moment. I cleared my throat, stepping forward. "Salam, Sohail I didn't see you." Adam greeted as he stretched out his hand for a shake.

Sohail took his hand and gripped firmly. "You must be busy staring someone else." Sohail added sarcastically as his eyes fell on me.

I chuckled, "I'm sure of that. Amna does look breathtaking." I said breaking the ice in their conversation.

Adam giggled like a young teenager at the mention of his bride. "She does look beautiful." Adam agreed.

"Where is she by the way?" I asked.

"In the bridesroom with Mom and Dad." He said.

"Where is Hira, I haven't seen her?" I asked, looking around once again.

"Oh, she's still at the parlour I don't even know how she will come here if I'm not there to pick her." He added.

"Oh don't worry, Ahmed will." I assured.

Adam nodded. "The decoration is perfect. I loved it and so did Amna." My eyes squeezed as the smile reached up to my cheeks.

"I'm glad you did." I said before he walked away and once again eyed the whole hall. The hall was big enough to accommodate 300 people, we had more than 30 tables, and ten chairs on each. The table had a white cloth and red vase with white roses and black napkins with plate between the spoon and fork. The chairs were in black fabric with a white bow and artificial white flower. Black and white ribbons hung from one pole to another. The stage was perfect with two steps and a massive white sofa set with two huge vase on each side.

"I must say you've done a great job." Sohail complimented and my smile widened. "All the effort was worth it." He said and stepped back when his eyes went on the red rug that had been set as their walkway.

"What was the surprise?" I hesitantly asked him.

He looked away like I had asked the most difficult question. "I decided to talk to Adam and ask him to consider you. I will not stand in your way if you two would like to get along. I can send you the divor-"

"What the hell is wrong with you?? I love you!! Do I need to say it out loud. Don't even utter the word divorce in front of me again. Adam never had feelings for me and I love you now. I love you Sohail."

A tear slipped down and with my thumb I wiped his as he wiped mine. "I love you too." His voice cracked in the end and I wrapped my arms around him as I squeezed him in a tight hug.

"I don't want any surprises from you in the coming future if that's what they mean." I sniffed up.

"I don't know, I was too upset about you two back together again-"

"Please don't ever get upset with me. It bothers me, I'm not at peace. I keep thinking of ways of how to make things right and when I'm out of solutions I start crying. It breaks me! This past week had been hell" I said, my eyes cracking and filling up with tears at the very same moment. His eyes remained on me as he cupped my face and he wiped my tears with his thumb.

"They were worse for me, I love you." Was all he said and pulled me in hug, squeezing harder with each passing second. Indeed marrying Sohail was one of the quickest and best decision of my life.

.
.
.
.
.
Welcome to the last chapter of Sohail and Samreen's story.. I enjoyed writing them, and highlighting the cute little misunderstandings in early days of marriage.

I hope you all enjoyed reading them too. Share your views.
VOTE AND COMMENT!❤❤