| xxix: something shady |

"We live in a rainbow of chaos" — Paul Cezanne

"We live in a rainbow of chaos" Paul Cezanne

"We live in a rainbow of chaos" — Paul Cezanne

Jaipur, India

I was going through the files when there was a knock on the door. A few seconds later, Akanksha peeked her head inside and then walked into the cabin. She looked sweaty and her cheeks had puffed up. Her brown tresses stuck to her face like glue and she was panting hard.

She looked like she was in a rush.

She sat on the chair on the other side of the desk, right in front of me. I hadn't noticed but she was carrying a huge bag. She dropped the bag on the desk and pushed it towards me.

"What's this?" I asked her.

"Take a look," she huffed. When I emptied the bag, multiple newspapers fell out of it, making me more confused than ever.

"Why are you giving me newspapers?"

Akanksha smacked her head in annoyance and then picked one of the newspapers and flashed me the front page.

"Look at this," My vision followed the particular article that her finger was pointing at.

Nation's Well Wisher Dies Among His Own People

I squinted my eyes and brought the article closer. It was an article on Kamal Prakash's death.

"Why are you showing me this?" Looking at her expressions, it only meant that she had something upon her mind. Looking at her stern expression, I kept on reading the same article; newspaper after newspaper.

"Did you notice something?" She asked me as I flipped another newspaper.

"It's the same article." I have read these articles many times. I had even memorised a few of them.

"Exactly my point!" She exclaimed. "This is what I am telling you, Vihaan. Every article has mentioned the same sequence, same details, it's as if nobody tried to go in deep with the story. Not even after the case was handed to the CBI."