|xxxix: eight years ago-b |

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart" ― Helen Keller

 They must be felt with the heart" ― Helen Keller

Jaipur, India

Ruhi wanted to be a nature photographer, something that Akanksha had known the first in their group. She loved adventure, she loved nature.

"We're all living beings, Shay. We're all equal. I believe we should know about other beings, how they live, how they eat and whatnot. I want to see things and experience the beauty of nature, which makes it so special and serene," Ruhi told her as they discussed career options.

"What do you want?" she asked Akanksha. Akanksha flipped her hair and looked at their dangling legs. They were sitting on the edge terrace of the Agarwal House, enjoying the windy evening.

"Mine is already decided," she said, stretching her arms. "Graduate something along the lines of finance, do MBA and join our business. I will have the Jaipur hotel to manage," she clapped in excitement. The Jaipur branch of the Marigold had always been Akanksha's favourite, given that its grandeur always fascinated her.

"Sounds like zero adventure career choice," Ruhi commented. "All four of you want to work in your family business. Legacy and all,"

"You can do my share of adventure," Akanksha chuckled at her words. "So you don't do legacy," she further stated.

Ruhi tsked. "It's not that. I think I want to do something where I will be pleased, I will be satisfied. Till then my Dad can definitely handle the start-up and make it grow. I can always get a business degree later and join the business, no biggie," she shrugged.

"I like the sound of that," Akanksha nodded her head in approval. "Sometimes you should do things that you want to do. Your dreams are yours and no one else's."

The irony of this whole situation was that Ruhi was killed by the very form of nature she adored. Akanksha remembered her and her talks about nature, on how much she was fascinated by it.

Ruhi, a seventeen-year-old girl, had dreams that she wanted to achieve. She wanted to live for herself, wanted to live her life to the fullest. But she couldn't do anything now. Her limit of life was only till seventeen.