| xliii: jaipur to mumbai |

"If yesterday was yours, today will be mine

"If yesterday was yours, today will be mine." — Akanksha Singh Chauhan, His Inconvenient Bride

" — Akanksha Singh Chauhan, His Inconvenient Bride

Jaipur, India

"Aadhar card?"

"Check,"

"Pan Card?"

"Check,"

"CBI ID Card?"

"Check,"

"Driving License?"

"Check,"

"Phone, phone charger, laptop, laptop charger?"

"Check, check, check, check— seriously Vihaan stop. I have checked twice already," Akanksha whined as Vihaan was on the bed with her suitcase open, checking through her things to see if she had taken everything. Not even twenty-four had passed to their confession and Akanksha was all packed to go to Mumbai. There were still four hours to go but Vihaan was just trying to make sure if she was indeed ready with everything.

Vihaan did not pay any attention to her words.

"Oh, take these," he fished out a bunch of candies from his pocket and stuffed them in her handbag. "Have them during the flight. It will prevent ear blocks."

"Thank you," she said, with a slight smile on her lips. She remembered the last time, not long ago when he had not shared his candies with her. And looking now, she only felt loved by his gesture.

The confession only helped them get comfortable if not anything. The slight hesitation that was between was now gone and all that was left was love and care.

People dream of all sorts of things when they think about love confessions. Movies and dramas, of course, had spoiled them big time in imagining all sorts of nonsense that could happen while confessing in the rain.

It can happen in the rain.

Under a shed.

In an office room.

On a date.

During a fight. Passionate fights do lead to love confessions.

Akanksha had never imagined her confession to be in their bedroom, on their bed in their old, very comfortable t-shirt and pajamas. That did not bother her. In fact, it was special, something unique, something that said it was them.