Chapter 17

"Poppy!? Poppy!?" Smidge yelled out, searching the village for her best friend. "Poppy!? Where are you!?"

"Hey, Smidge!" she suddenly heard from behind her.

She turned, expecting to see Poppy, but instead she saw her group of friends, the snack pack.

"Hey, guys..." she said, slowly approaching them. "Has anyone seen Poppy?"
"Haven't seen her all day," Guy replied with a shrug.
"Hmm... where could she be?" Dj asked, starting to worry a bit.

     "Guys! Guys!" Biggie yelled out excitedly, suddenly running over to the group from off in the forest. "Guess who I found!?"
"You found Poppy!?" Guy, Dj, and Smidge shouted simultaneously, overjoyed at the idea.

"No! Even better!" Biggie said excitedly. Just then... realization of what his friends had just said, kicked in. "Wait..." he said softly, his smile instantly fading. "Poppy's missing?"
"She's probably fine," Chenille said, waving her hand through the air, as she shrugged. "Who did you find?" Satin asked, her eyes sparkling with curiosity.

     Biggie smiled again, reaching up into his hair to pull out a little baby worm.

     "Mew..." the baby worm said cutely.

     "Awwwww!" 😍🥰💕❤️💞💜 the snack pack awed, their eyes turning into giant hearts, as they gazed at the adorable creature.

     "Meet my new best friend..." Biggie introduced, showing off the baby worm to everyone. "Mr. Dinkles!"
"Mew..." Mr. Dinkles said again.

     "Oh my gah!" Smidge sighed, as she gazed at Mr. Dinkles' cuteness, folding her hands together. "He's adorable!"

     Satin and Chenille looked at each other with mischievous smirks, both of them getting the same idea

Quickly, the twins reached into their conjoined hair, and pulled out their sewing supplies, knitting a tiny hat and bow tie for Mr. Dinkles, within only a few seconds.

     "Mew..." Mr. Dinkles said with a blank expression.
"Awwwww! I think he likes it!" Biggie awed, hugging Mr. Dinkles tight.
"Mew..."

     "Guys! Look!" Dj suddenly shouted happily, pointing off into the distance.

     Everyone turned to see what she was pointing at, seeing Poppy, King Peppy, and Branch all walking towards them.

     "It's Poppy!" Smidge yelled excitedly, happy that her best friend was ok.
"But... who's that?" Dj asked, pointing at Branch, never having seen him before.

     They all looked at each other for a moment, and then turned back to Branch, overwhelmed with curiosity about this new troll.

     Quickly, they all ran over, immediately crowding Branch, who flinched, backing up a bit.