Chapter 43

Chief Tula stood with her arms crossed, looking up at the dam angrily. In front of the dam, there was a long river implanted in the dirt. A river that used to be overflowing with sparkling water, but now was basically empty, almost completely dried out.

     She sighed, looking down at the tiny puddle in front of her. They were running out of time...

"Uh... Chief Tula?" a troll suddenly said softly, slowly walking over to her, as he fiddled nervously with his fingers.

"Did you get him?" Tula asked softly, not even turning to look at the approaching troll. "Well... uh... you see... about that... the thing is..." he stuttered, not wanting to give his Chief the devastating news. "Brock!" Chief Tula yelled, spinning around to face him, fire burning in her eyes. (Literally)

Brock shuttered at the glare he was getting from his boss, backing up a bit.

"We did not," he admitted softly, excepting the Chief to scream at him some more for failing his simple job, but instead... Chief Tula just grinned, walking past him, her hands folded behind her back.

"That's ok," she said softly, not seeming angry in the slightest.
"It... it is?" Brock questioned, completely confused. Why was she so calm?

     "Yep," Tula said with a slight smirk. "Cuz we're going to get him right now."
"We are?" Brock questioned, still confused, as he raised an eyebrow.

Tula nodded, turning to look at him with a malicious grin.

"We are..." she said with a slight chuckle. "Cuz I know exactly where he's heading..."

—————

"Ugh! Come on! Open, you dumb door!" Barb yelled out angrily, tugging as hard as she could on the bared door keeping them locked up.

"Come on, Barb! Stop fooling around! We need a plan to get out of here!" Poppy yelled, pacing back and forth, worried about Branch. He was still out there somewhere... possibly in danger... she had to save him!

     "What do you think I'm doing, Popcorn!?" Barb yelled back with sass.
"I honestly have no idea..." Poppy admitted, looking at Barb, as she continued to yank on the bared door.

     "I'm breaking this door down!" Barb explained, pulling with all her might to get the door open. "Then we can get out of this dump!"

     "Barb,  that's not gonna work," the queen of pop said, with a slight attitude, crossing her arms as she rolled her eyes.

     "Sure it is, Popsqueek," Barb replied, still trying to get the door open. "I'm the Queen of rock. I can do anything I put my mind to!"

She continued to pull on the door, but it remained shut, refusing to budge even an inch.

"Please, Barb..." Poppy scoffed. "You've been doing that for the past hour!"
"Yeah... and any minute now... it's gonna... open," Barb said through gritted teeth, pulling as hard as she could.

     "Barb! This is useless!" Poppy yelled, beginning to pace again. "We need to get out of here, now! Branch is..."
"Psh... boy toy is fine," Barb scoffed, not giving up on her attempt to pull open the cage door. "We'll get out of here, and you know why?" She turned to Poppy, smirking confidently. "Because I'm... the queen of rock!"