Chapter 41

"Get back her!" one of the many trolls chasing after Branch shouted out in anger.

     Branch looked behind himself as he continued to run, seeing the group of trolls right on his heals, their razor sharp spears pointed at him.

     He whimpered softly, as he turned back to look ahead, picking up the pace a bit.

     "Gotta lose em... gotta lose em..." he muttered to himself, as he ran as fast as he possibly could, trying to escape the group of trolls who wanted him dead.

     He looked around frantically for a way to escape, but all there were was trees... lots and lots of trees... most of them blocking his path, forcing him to find a different escape route.

     "One way or another... we're gonna get ya!" one of the trolls shouted out to him. "Give up now!"

     Branch looked back at them again, no longer paying attention to where he was going, accidentally tripping on a root, and falling to the ground.

     "Ow!" he shouted out, falling down to his hands and knees.
"Get him! He's down!" he heard from behind him.

     "No... no, no, no..." he muttered to himself, looking back at the trolls quickly approaching him. "What do I do? What do I..."

     "Aaaaaaaaaa!" he suddenly heard from off in the distance, calling out to help him.

     He looked over towards the sound, and nodded.

     "Ok..." he whispered, as he looked up at the sky. "Got it!"

     Quickly, he jumped up to his feet, starting to run again, as several spears were thrown at him, every single one of them missing.

     "Aaaaaaaaa!"

     He ran as fast as he could, quickly making a sharp right turn towards the voice.

     The trolls followed, staying right on his heals, as they shouted, throwing their spears at him.

     "Aaaaaaaaaa!"

     He swerved, barely avoiding a sharp spear which had almost plunged right into his back.

     "Aaaaaaaaaa!"

     Branch made a sharp left, and then another right, finally beginning to lose the trolls trying to kill him.

"Ha! Ha!" he laughed, looking back as they faded off into the distance. "See ya, losers!"

"Aaaaaaaaaa!"

He made another sharp left, following the voice, as he continued to run for his life.

Suddenly, a large canyon cut off his path, his eyes widening in fear at the sight of it.

     "Woah!" he shouted, quickly skittering to a stop, so he wouldn't plummet to his untimely demise.

Slowly, he looked over the edge of the cliff, seeing very little water at the bottom of the incredibly deep canyon.

He gulped at the sight, turning his gaze up to the sky.

     "Why the heck would you lead me here!?" he yelled up to the voice. "Do you want me to get killed!?"

"Freeze!"  a shout suddenly rung out from behind him.
"Frosting..." he muttered softly, slowly turning around to see the other trolls standing right behind him, spears ready to stab him right through his heart.

     He gulped, backing up to the edge of the cliff, not knowing what else to do.

     "You're coming with us..." one of the trolls said, with an evil smirk.

     "Uh... ummm...." Branch said quietly, as he looked down the canyon again.

     There was no way for him to escape. If he jumped... he would die... if he stayed up here he would get captured, and then most likely killed... no matter what he did... he was doomed...