Chapter 27

"Hello!?" Branch called out, walking through the dark of night in search of whatever had made that sound. "Is anyone there!?"

     "Aaaaaaaaaa!" he heard, calling to him from the distance.

     "Who's making that sound!?" he demanded, but there was no answer. "Who's out there!?" Still... silence...

     He walked deeper into the forest, looking in bushes, and behind trees, but there was no one to be found. Maybe he was just hearing things...

"Hey!" a shout suddenly yelled out from right behind him.
"AHHHHH!" Branch screamed out in shock.

Quickly, he jumped, spinning around to see Val standing right behind him.

"Val!?" he yelled out, his heart still racing from the slight scare she had just given him. "What the heck are you doing out here!?"
"I could ask you the same question," Val replied, crossing her arms, as she glared at him, suspicious of the way he was behaving. He was acting strange. Well... stranger than normal...

He gulped, his eyes widening at her words, and then finally smiled innocently.

"Me? I'm not doing anything," he lied, leaning up against a tree to try and act cool.

"Aaaaaaaaa!" the voice suddenly rung out through the forest.

He gasped, turning towards the sound.

"What?" Val asked, looking at him like he was crazy. "What's wrong?"
"That noise again..." Branch replied, still looking off into the distance, trying to figure out who was making that sound. "What noise?" she asked, raising an eyebrow in confusion.

     Branch turned, looking at her in disbelief. How could she of not heard that?

     "Umm... that loud annoying noise," he said raising an eyebrow, as he looked at her in confusion. "Didn't you hear it?"
"Yeah... I heard it..." Val said, crossing her arms again with a smirk. "It's called your voice."

     He glared at her, growling softly in anger.

     "Very funny, Val," he said sarcastically. "But you know that's not what I was talking about..."

     "Aaaaaaaaaa!" the sound suddenly rung out again.

     "There! That noise!" Branch yelled, pointing in the direction it had come from.

     Val raised an eyebrow, looking at him in pure confusion.

     "I didn't hear anything, bro," she said, her arms still crossed, as she stared at him.

     "Aaaaaaaaaaaa!"

     Branch flinched, as the sound filled his ears once again, turning to look around, frantically searching for what was creating that noise.

     "I would ask if you're going crazy..." Val said smugly. "But you can't go what you already are."
"Wait..." Branch objected, turning back to look at the rock troll. "So you're telling me... you really can't hear that?"

     She shook her head in reply.

     "Aaaaaaaaa!"

     He flinched again, turning towards the sound once more, his ears twitching, as he listened.

     "Yep," Val sighed. "You're crazy."

     She turned, walking away from the crazy blue troll.

     "Hey!" Branch yelled after her. "I'm not crazy! You're just def! You and Gary both!"
"Yep. What ever, bro," Val shrugged, continuing to walk away from him. "He's crazy," she muttered under her breath, so he couldn't hear.