Forced to buy a vampire slave -chapter 54-

Chapter 54:

I ended up rolling out of bed sometime after noon.

First thing I did was go downstairs and fix myself a cup of coffee and went back to my room, watching the noon news as I drank it.

I was going to eat candy for breakfast but I realized I ate all the candy we had in the house last night.

What is up with these random cravings for sweets?

I already have to deal with the craving for blood, or whatever the hell it is.

After having my coffee and feeling a tad bit more awake but still sluggish I got in the shower, hoping to help wake myself up more.

After getting dressed in tight red leather pants and a black, V-neck silk tank top I ignored makeup and left my hair messy, the long bangs falling in my eyes as usual.

I yawned as I stepped out of my room, yanking on my combat boots and stopping to rub my eyes.

"Tired?"

I took my hands away from eyes to be greeted with the pleasant sight of Corey.

Dressed in black jeans and not surprisingly enough, a black, button-up long-sleeved shirt.

"Uh...hi." I replied, a little distracted by his looks.

"What?" He questioned at my odd response.

"Nothing just, nothing."

"Okay. You didn't answer my question."

"Oh, right, yeah I am. A lot." I had to fight the urge to yawn, tugging on my left boot I almost lost my balance but Corey caught me before I fell.

"I figured you would be. I slept during the daytime when I was going through the change."

"The change?" I questioned, puzzled.

"I already explained this to you."

"No, you didn't." I retorted.

"Oh maybe I was meaning to and I didn't get around to it. Well, anyways the change is what you go through when you're becoming a vampire. It happens over a period of several days. But I believe it's longer with half-vampires." He mused. "That's what you're experiencing; the pain, the short temper-you look really good today." He suddenly said, his eyes roaming over me.

"Um..." I breathed a laugh. "Thanks."

"Anyways, like I was saying-" He stopped when I started laughing.

"What?" He questioned.

"Nothing, just you're so odd." I stated with another laugh.

"How?"

"You just are. So do you want to go with me to the store?"

"Why are you going to the store?"

"I need more candy." I paused, thinking of how tired I was. "And energy drinks."

"They'll be people there, right?"

"Usually there tends to be people at grocery stores so sadly yes."

"Hmm, okay I'll go but I don't enjoy being around people. I hate public places." He mused.

"Yeah, I know." I quickly descended the stairs, grabbing my leather jacket and car keys as I left the house.

I glanced at the dried grass of the spot where my car was burnt down to pieces.

I sighed, turning my attention away from it.