Valentines Day

February 14th 

3:02 P.M.

"This is a non-existent holiday. It does not exist." Corey stated, taking a drink from the coffee in his hands. 

The white mug was filled to the brim with black, steaming coffee. 

We had just woken up several minutes ago. 

I leaned over the counter, clothed in a loose black T-shirt and plaid jeans. 

"You're just bitter because of last Valentines Day." I joked. 

He gave me a look. "Uh, no. I just hate this holiday. It shouldn't even be a holiday. It's beyond idiotic." 

"It's celebrating love."  

"It's celebrating spending money on pointless gifts needed to prove your love." He retorted, his rich brown hair sticking up in the back, the loose curls haywire. 

He scuffed around the kitchen in black, well-fitted jeans, shirtless and revealing all his tattoos, and gray suede moccasin slippers. 

The gold-chained necklace he'd gotten for Christmas hung nicely against his bare chest. 

His newest tattoo was on his left arm, a poison bottle with a skull and cross bones on it, a candle flame at the top from the bottle, melting into the body of it and vines wrapped around the entire thing. 

It was mostly black but tinged in red, the vines weaving into the roses he had underneath, surrounding my name. 

I shrugged.  

Maybe he was right. 

I just liked arguing with him. 

"So, we're pretending it doesn't exist, right?" He confirmed, holding the mug close to his lips. 

"If we do that you won't get your gift." I smiled coyly, turning to lean up against the counter. 

His eyes narrowed slightly. "What gift?" 

I pointed at myself.  

"Oh, you're finally putting out?" He smirked. 

"I was going to but you don't want to acknowledge the holiday, so." I shrugged. 

"That's not fair. You can't do that." 

"I can." I said smugly. 

He made a noise of discontent and I stifled my laughter. 

Drake bounded into the room, dressed in his pajamas. 

"I'm in love!" He exclaimed, grinning. 

"With who?" I questioned, puzzled. 

He started dancing around me, humming. 

"Drake," I grabbed and stilled him. "What are you talking about?" 

"This girl I've been seeing. She's the one, Bells. I found my soulmate. I finally know what you and Corey have been prattling on about." 

I made a face at that. "Uh huh, that's great. What's her name?" 

"Adeline." 

I pursed my lips, my arms crossed. 

"You have to meet her. We'll do a double date, tonight." 

"Aw, hell no." Corey muttered, drinking his coffee. 

"I don't know..." I trailed off. 

"Please?" Drake pleaded.