Forced To Buy A Vampire Slave -Chapter 62-

I rubbed my temples gently, trying to clear my cluttered and aching mind.

I was sprawled out on the bed of my hotel room in New York, the ivory comforter wrapped loosely around me as I rested my head on the pillows.

The shades were drawn tightly over the windows to block out the late afternoon sun from getting in.

My sensitivity to sun had kicked up several notches since even this morning and I had a feeling my transformation of becoming a vampire was coming to the peak time.

My throat was dry as all hell. I didn't even know how to describe the feeling; I was just wishing it would go away.

I had a pounding headache, I felt dizzy and weak, and I just hoped it would be over soon.

Corey came over from the round table and sat down on the bed beside me, making me open my eyes back up.

"I know how to make you feel better." He stated, looking down at me.

"How?" I questioned disbelievingly.

He offered me the white mug in his hands. "By drinking this."

I glanced to the dark liquid in the cup. "Coffee?"

He nodded.

"Mm, okay..." I took it from him, sitting up a bit.

I put the glass mug to my lips and took a sip, letting the velvet liquid glide down my throat.

As soon as it had touched my tongue I felt a surge, something inside me flare up.

It didn't quite taste like coffee. At least not any coffee I've had before.

"Um..." I started. "What kind of coffee is this?"

"Special blend." He smiled.

"You little devil." I narrowed my eyes at him. "You did something to this."

"What?" He gave an easy smile and breathed a laugh. "I didn't do anything to it."

He was convincing but I couldn't forget the fact he was an extremely good liar.

"You're lying." I accused but with no real sureness.

"Hand on my chest," He did as he said, placing his palm over his un-beating heart. "I have not lied." He smiled wickedly.

"I'm not drinking this." I stated, pushing it towards him to take back.

"Why? Didn't it taste good?"

I thought back to the taste- and I felt an intense yearning for more.

"What the hell was in that?" I questioned.

He put his hand on the cup, moving it back to my lips.

His bright eyes looked into mine, a devilish glint in them.

"Drink it."

"No." I leaned back.

"Don't you want to feel better?" His voice and eyes softened, showing a caring side. "Please, Honey, drink it. I want you to feel better." He ran a hand over my hair.

I gazed into his eyes; he seemed so innocent compared to just fifteen seconds when he could've passed for the devil.

My refusal weakened considerably and I couldn't bring myself to say no again.

"What the hell did you just do?" I asked, trying to find the will to look away from his eyes.

"What are you talking about, Sweetie?"