Forced To Buy A Vampire Slave -Chapter 58-

I followed after Corey, stepping in time beside him as he hastily descended the stairs.

"Can't what?" I inquired. "Can't tell me?"

"Exactly." He kept his eyes in front of him.

"Well...can you try?"

"No."

He reached the front door; I had to stop the door from closing after he went out.

"Really, Arabelle, it doesn't matter." He suddenly stopped on the front porch, making me almost collide with him but I caught myself in time.

"It does and if you don't tell me I'll just get Drake to so either way I'm going to find out." I replied.

He sighed, reaching into his pocket; he pulled out a carton of cigarettes.

"Where'd you get those?" I questioned, sidetracked for a moment.

"Drake." He stated, placing a cigarette between his lips.

I nodded, watching him light it. My guess was going to be Drake so I was correct.

"So, are you going to tell me or do I have to get Drake to?"

He exhaled smoke. "I don't want you to get upset."

"Well, I'm already upset that you won't tell me."

"Trust me, you're gonna get a lot more upset if I tell you." He claimed firmly.

My stomach was in tense knots.

I exhaled heavily. "Just please, tell me. The anxiety is killing me."

"Fine." He tossed the cigarette. "Yesterday when Drake and I came back, I...I had a confrontation with Nick..."

I bit my lip. "Is that it?"

"No. He, uh-Ah, God, I can't do this."

"No, please, continue." My muscles were tense.

"I didn't know you had a basement." He stated.

That sent a feeling of dread through me. We never used the basement anymore but my parents use to use it back when they had slaves.

They used it to torture the slaves.

But that was back before I was born, I'd only been down there once and I didn't go back.

My throat was tight. "Did he hurt you?"

He nodded.

I swallowed, feeling my eyes get wet.

"Why didn't you do something?"

"You damn well know I couldn't have done anything. If I'd fought back it would've been a hundred times worse. You know that."

"How badly did he hurt you?" I questioned, dreading the answer.

"You really wanna know?"

I nodded.

He lifted up his shirt to reveal his stomach that was covered in deep horrible looking gashes and bruises.

I closed my eyes, putting my face in my hands; I felt like I was going to breakdown and start hysterically crying. I wanted to that's for sure.

I felt Corey place his hands on my shoulders. "This wasn't your fault."

I looked up at him with tears streaming down my face. "How was it not?"

"You were in a coma." He smiled.

"How did Drake find out?"

"He was looking for me, he found me in the basement. He actually stopped Nick. So I could've been a lot more hurt or..."