Forced To Buy A Vampire Slave -Chapter 35-

Chapter 35:

Corey and I walked out of the room, into the hall; Jake was standing, leaning against the banister.

He immediately looked up when we came out, glancing down at our hands that were linked together.

His eyes widened slightly, he blinked and looked back up, at Corey.

Jake cleared his throat. "Uh, hi."

Corey rolled his eyes. "Is that the best you can do?"

"I didn't know what to say." Jake replied defensively.

"Not the first time. Why are you here? I didn't expect...I mean if anyone was going to come looking for me I expected it to be Mikey."

Jake smiled slightly. "Yeah, he wanted too...but I-uh, I thought it would be best if I came...first."

"Okay so, why are you here?" Corey prompted.

"Well first off I thought you were dead. And then to find out that you're getting...married. I mean it's kind of a shock. I was just kind of confused..."

Corey sighed. "Yeah, I guess I have some explaining to do."

Jake nodded.

"Well first I'm getting coffee."

Corey, Jake and I walked downstairs to the kitchen.

I started making the coffee; it was like a routine now. I've had so much coffee lately, I was use to just drinking mountain dew but now it's coffee.

Corey sat down at the counter and Jake sat across from him.

I leaned against the counter, as I waited for the coffee to brew.

Corey looked over at me and I smiled at him.

He smiled and looked down timidly.

Jake spoke; "So mind telling me how you're getting married?"

Corey looked at him, still smiling lightly. "She's the love of my life..." He shrugged.

Jake looked surprised. "Seriously? I never thought I'd hear you say that."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Oh C'mon, you-in love?" he shook his head. "I just never even considered it. It's hard to take in."

"I see your point."

Jake started biting his nails.

"So..." Corey started. "Is everyone still..."

"Alive?" Jake asked.

He nodded.

"Yeah,"

"Are you still staying in the same place?"

Jake shook his head, biting his lower lip. "Yeah, it would have looked suspicious if we moved after you..."

Corey nodded.

"I'm sure the rest of the family would really like it if you came to see them."

"Eh, I don't know..." Corey said.

"You seriously don't want to see your family?"

He shrugged.

"Well I still think you should, they at least need to meet your soon to-be wife."

"I think that's a good idea." I said.

Jake smiled at me.

Corey said, "Sweetheart, I really don't think you want to meet them."