Forced to buy a vampire slave- chapter 40-

When Corey woke up after about an hour, he was complaining about a headache. For a very long time I might add.

We left the house and headed back home after talking to his parents. The rest of the day was pretty uneventful. Corey and I just played video games for the rest of the day. And he made fun of me for being a geek. It really sucks that I can't hurt him without use of something besides my hands.

"You're so weak." He said, laughing.

I shoved his chest again.

"I don't even feel anything." He laughed. "Okay hit me as hard as you can."

"As much as I want to...no."

"Aw come on. Punch me. In the face."

"Why?"

"Because...I don't know. Just do it."

"You're obnoxious." I stated.

"I know. Do you like it?" He replied.

"Yes."

"Good 'cause its not gonna change."

I shook my head.

"Have you ever hit anyone in your life?" He questioned doubtfully.

"Yeah. I'm tougher than you think I am."

"Really? How so?"

I shrugged. "I just am."

He laughed. "So you beat people up all the time?"

"No but I have before."

"Are you serious?"

"Yes. I tend to make people mad at me."

"How?"

"Well because when I don't like someone its pretty obvious."

"Well yeah, that seems true." He nodded. "But who did you make mad?"

"One of Drake's girlfriends. She was...I didn't like her. And long story short I told her to go fuck herself. And she said the same to me. and then I punched her. Things kind of went downhill from there."

Corey was grinning. "Wow. Maybe we're a little more alike than I thought..."

* * *

After coming home that day I was relieved to get a good night's sleep. That is until I had another nightmare.

This time it was different though; it felt too real.

In the dream I was in this place, where I was surrounded by lakes of blood. I've been there before in these dreams.

Usually I get pulled into a lake of blood by some...thing.

That's how it, but this time when I woke up panicking only to find I was just in my room, I felt sick.

I got out of bed and made my way to the bathroom where I started coughing and then I threw up blood.

I leaned against the sink and brushed my teeth clean of the blood.

Okay there is obviously something wrong with these dreams.

I walked out of the bathroom, feeling rather dizzy, and made my way downstairs to get a glass of water.

I flicked on the light, I froze when I saw Nick standing in the kitchen. "What are you doing?" I asked him.

"Waiting for you." He stated. "Enjoy your dream? Very realistic, huh?"

"How did you..." I trailed off.

He came closer to me. "I want to show you something."

"Show me what?"

"Someone."

"Who?"

"You'll find out soon enough." He took my hand in his, leading me out of the kitchen and to the front door.

"Nick, I'm not going anywhere with you." I stated as he opened the door.

"Oh come on, I'm not going to hurt you. I've never hurt you before. I love you." He said.

"Doesn't change the fact that I'm not going anywhere with you."

"We won't be gone long. Please? Trey's coming with us, he's already in the car."

I hesitated, not sure what to do.

"Please, come with me. We'll be back before sunrise."

"But Corey..." I said.

"Can you forget about the vampire for a second, Arabelle? I want to show you something and tell you something. We need to talk."

I sighed. "Fine. But we better not be gone long."

He smiled. "We wont."

"Can I get shoes first?"

He walked over to the closet and pulled out my combat boots. "I thought ahead." He smiled, giving them to me.

I took them from him. "Uh, can you let go of my hand?"

"Oh sure."

I slipped on the boots, tucking my gray sweatpants that had a rips in the knees into them. I pushed up the sleeves of my shirt.

"Let's go."

"You act like you're going into war." He stated, taking my hand again. We left the house and went to his car, I sat in the backseat with Trey.

He smiled at me.

"Trey, do you know where we're going?" I asked.

"Nick didn't tell you?"

I shook my head.

"We're going to see...a friend of his."

"And a demon." Nick added.

I looked at a him. "A demon?"

"That's right. You do know about demons, right?" He replied.

"I've heard things...I thought they weren't around here."

"Well they aren't. Except this one."

"I didn't even think they were real." I mused.

"Oh they are. They're very real."

"So why are you taking me to see a demon?"

"Reasons. And I'm also taking you to see a very interesting friend of mine."

Trey shook his head. "Is it even safe for me to be around him?"

"Oh we won't hurt you as long as you're with me." Nick replied.

I leaned back against the seat and sighed.

Trey put a hand on my leg. "Its okay. I'm not exactly sure why Nick's doing this but I know he's trying to get you back. And away from Corey." He said quitely.

"But what does taking me to visit a friend have to do with that?" I replied.

He shrugged. "Well his friend...is well, he calls himself....a vampire slayer."

I laughed. "Are you serious?"

He nodded. "Don't take it too lightly. He's good at what he does. And from what I've heard he kills any vampire he comes across."