Forced To Buy A Vampire Slave-Chapter 34-

Chapter 34:

I was happy to go to sleep that night.

I was utterly content in Corey's arms, exhausted from the past 24 hours.

It wasn't until I started having those horrible nightmares again, interrupting my deep, peaceful sleep.

The blood tasted so real, the screams were so unfeigned and the images so vivid it wasn't like a dream at all.

When Nick cut Corey's throat with a dagger it was so real I would have never thought it was a dream.

I was so relieved when I woke up; it was a mixture between relief and horror that gripped my heart and made breathing more difficult.

I threw the covers over my head and tried to slow down my hammering heart.

"It was just a dream." I whispered to myself.

I glanced up over the covers at Corey who was lying perfectly still; his head buried in the pillow and his arms loosely around me.

I breathed a sigh of relief.

I got up and went to the window, peeking out of the curtains.

The night was still; the moonlight casting shadows across the dark yard.

As I was getting ready to go back to bed I saw movement from the corner of my eye.

I looked back out the window but saw nothing.

I went downstairs, curious as to what I saw and looked out the window in the main room, beside the front door.

I jumped slightly when there was a light knock on the door.

I stared at the door and debated on whether or not to open it.

I couldn't just ignore it and go back to bed so I hesitantly unlocked the door and opened it; not knowing what to expect.

There was a guy standing in the doorway, I didn't recognize him. He had wavy dark brown hair and blue eyes along with deathly pale skin.

"Uh, please tell me you're the princess?" He spoke.

"Um, yeah that's me."

"Oh thank god." He breathed, putting a hand to his chest.

"Um, who are you?" I asked.

"Uh, my names Jake, I'm Corey's brother."

My jaw dropped. "You're what?"

"Corey's brother...do I have the right house?"

"Uh, I'm sorry it's just Corey told me his family was dead."

"No surprise there. Ca-can I come in?"

"Yeah, sure." I opened the door wider, inviting him in.

He walked in, glancing around the room.

I shut the door. "So, um, why are you here exactly?"

He looked back at me. "I-uh...I came to see Corey. I mean we heard about you and him getting married..." He gave me a questioning look.

"Oh,"

"So are you really marrying him?"

I smiled slightly. "Yeah,"

"Wow, you two are actually like-I mean, he likes you?"

"Yes..."

A look of surprise crossed his face. "So...where is he?"

"Last time I checked he was asleep."