Forced To Buy A Vampire Slave -Chapter 15-

[ Sorry it's a little short, next one will be longer, I promise.]

Chapter 15

*The Next Day*

I sat in my mother's office, drumming my fingers against the arm of the chair in harmony with the song I had stuck in my head.

(Do you know the enemy, do you know your enemy)

My cell phone had rang when Corey kissed me, of course I was little to distracted to answer it, I'm surprised I even realized it was ringing.

So know I've had the damn song stuck in my head all day.

I sighed.

Great, know I'm back to thinking about Corey, something I've been trying to avoid.

Corey and I haven't talked since yesterday.

After he kissed me he got up and walked away, leaving me sitting on the floor; stunned.

The kiss was...amazing, to put it lightly, easily the most...wonderful thing I've ever experienced. But Corey and I haven't said one word to each other since then.

I wasn't brave enough to be the first one to say something, and I had know I idea what to say. So until one of us speaks up I'm in for more awkward silences.

I hate awkward silence.

I sighed again.

My mother walked in the room and sat down at her desk across from me.

The room was painted a gold color with black leather furniture and two big wooden desks on either side of the room.

"Hello Arabelle." She said, smiling.

I smiled back, "Hey mom."

"How are you this morning?" She asked.

(Not too good) "Fine." I answered.

"Good. How's Corey?"

"Umm...he-he's good."

"I'm glad."

"Mom can you stop the small talk? Why did you want to see me?" I asked.

She sighed, "Now I don't want you to freak out-

I interrupted her, "Wait, why would I freak out?"

"We have a guest staying with us."

"Okay so?"

"He has...a slave."

I narrowed my eyes, "Who?"

"Um, Nick Strummer-

"Oh mom, no, no, no." I protested.

"He won't be staying long, he was in town and needed a place to stay so your father offered for him to stay here."

"Oh god." I groaned.

"It'll be fine Arabelle, I'm sure." She said.

"Yeah it'll be fine." I muttered.

I got up and walked to the door.

"He'll be here any minute, so I expect you to be on your best behavior."

I turned around, "You couldn't have given me more notice then that?"

"Sorry." She smiled.

I walked out of the room and sighed.

I walked upstairs to my room; Corey was sitting on the bed.

I walked over and sat down beside him.

He glanced at me with his beautiful green eyes but quickly looked away.

I took a deep breath. I was silently freaking out.

"...Corey?" I said nervously.

He looked at me.

I didn't plan past that, dammit.

I sighed, fuck it. "Will you please talk?" I asked.

"About what?" He asked.

"Well how about why you haven't talked to me since yesterday."

He sighed, "Alright, we're going to have to talk about it eventually."

He turned so he was facing me, "About yesterday...when I kissed you, I-I didn't mean too, I mean no, that's not right, I did mean too, I just..." He sighed and looked down.

"I just- I promise I'll never do it again."

"Um...okay." I said, slightly confused.

He looked at me for a minute; he grabbed me and kissed my lips then said;

"Starting now."

I gave him a confused look. "So...are we talking now?"

He breathed a laugh, "Yes. No more awkward silences."

"Thank god!" I said.

He laughed, "Did you miss talking to me?"

"Surprisingly yes, I didn't realize this before but we talk a lot." I said.

He smiled, "I missed your voice."

I felt the blood rush to my cheeks, not exactly what I was expecting him to say.

He took a deep breath, "That didn't help anything." I heard him say quietly to himself.

The doorbell echoed through the house and I sighed.

I waited for someone to get it, "Arabelle get the door!" My mother yelled.

"What the hell?" I muttered getting off the bed.

"Are you expecting someone?" Corey asked.

"My father invited some one to stay here." I replied.

"Arabelle get the door!" My mother yelled again.

"Jesus Christ, I'm coming." I said.

I walked out of the room with Corey following me and sprinted to the door.

I unlocked all the locks and swung the door open, standing in the doorway were two guys, one was obviously a vampire, he had light blond hair and kind blue eyes and of course deathly pale skin. The other-Nick-had brown hair and hazel eyes.

Nick smiled, "Hello Arabelle."

I smiled back, "Hello Nick."

I closed the door after they came in and sighed.

The last thing I want to do is talk to Nick, I'd rather have Corey bite me.