5.

Once I left them, fear filled my body again

Of course I knew the calm and the playfulness weren't gonna last, I knew they would pass. 

As I drive home, I can only think about how I can protect Ash from Dad. He doesn't deserve all of this, and he's so young.

I told Mom, on Tuesday. She deserved to know, she really did. But all she did was gasp, pack her bag and leave. She didn't take keys or her ID, just her phone. She left without a word, without any sign she would be okay.

And, most importantly, she left without us. She left us with her soon-to-be ex, all three of us. Her children. Her babies. Her family. 

Dad has gone crazy. He's been drinking non-stop, and yelling at us. I can't stand it much longer, but I have to. I have to be there for Ash, and for Tom.

I know Tom is acting like everything's fine, but it isn't. When I see him at school, he's breaking down with his girlfriend. Once, I saw him crying in her arms in the hallway. I'm happy he has her.

I still have the boys. And Dylan and Dallas, but oddly enough, they always disappear at lunch. So I'm always sitting alone. Not that I mind, not anymore. Earlier, Elijah gave me all of their numbers, and said I could text every minute of the day. So that's what I'm going to do tomorrow.

But Ash has no one. The teachers at school can't really talk with him because he's three, but I can tell he's suffering. Yesterday, he crawled through the whole house, searching Mom. and then I had to sooth him when he didn't found her. I just wish there was a better life for him.

And all of it because I told Mom.

But if I didn't tell her, it wouldn't have been fair either...

I park and walk inside. I exhale relieved when I see Dad's asleep, so I quickly pass and head upstairs. Asher is sleeping in his bed, and after I give him a kiss on his forehead, I close his door.

When I pass Tom's room, I hear noises. I look inside, and see he's sobbing again. I frown and walk to him, opening my arms.

He sees me and reaches for me, crying. "S-Scarlett, I hate it," he cries. I frown and hug him. I never knew he loves Mom so much.

"It's going t be okay, Tom, I promise," I whisper. He calms down a bit. I wipe his tears away and make him look at me. "You hear me? It's going to be okay."

He nods and I give him another hug, then go to my own room. Sighing, I lay down. 

***

I can't sleep.

Would one of them still be awake? I decide to ask them, but am too lazy to text all of them. So I make a group chat.

Scarlett and the boyzz :)