55.

"What flavor?" he grins

"I hate you," I sweetly tell him and order an ice cream with three flavors; chocolate, strawberry and pistache.

"No, you love me," he smirks. I shake my head but can't deny I like him. He's funny and stubborn as hell, but I finally managed to get my ice cream.

He frowns at my ice cream. "I said one. One flavour." I stick out my tongue and shrug, packing my bag. He chuckles. "Oh, Scar, you didn't really think you were done, right?"

I frown. "But I know everything!" I exclaim. He cocks an eyebrow. "Nope. I still need to hear you say one thing."

I frown even more. Is this some joke?

"Owen is a donkey."

"Go fuck yourself, Dante," I groan and step out of the shop. He follows me, laughing. "Oh, I love how worked up you get," he chuckles. I glare at him.

He chuckles again. "I'm kidding, Scar. I know it's serious between y'all." I nod, skipping a beat in my hopping next to him so our legs move in the same rhythm. 

"So, that best friend of yours—" "No, Dante. He's off limits for you." I shake my head. He pouts. "But—" "No, Dante."

He grumbles. "Fine. Maybe that cousin of Jordan and Elijah wants to go out with me. He was cute," he shrugs. I slap his arm. "No! They're a thing," I hiss.

His eyes widen. "Oh fuck really? Ugh, guess I'll go back to the feminine side of the world." I giggle. "You know, being bi is the best thing. I'm straight, and searching  good boyfriends is hard. You can have a girlfriend or a boyfriend, whoever interests you first."

He shrugs. "The thing is, whenever I'm with a guy, I'm labeled as gay. I don't really like it," he shrugs. I nod. I understand that.

"So when you know a good girl or a good guy, call me," he grins. I nod and smile. "There's this one girl in my class—" "Nope, not doing that. No high school," he shivers.

I cock an eyebrow. He rolls his eyes. "Obviously they all suck except you," he smirks. I nod in approval. We arrive at the mansion and he halts. I turn back around. "You coming in?"

He shrugs, a one shoulder shrug. "Elijah isn't very happy with the drawing I made of you." I giggle and hook our arms again. "No one is, really."

We walk in. Owen stands up and hugs me. "You did well, darling. I'm proud of you. Do you get French now, or did this asshole screw it?"

I grin. "He helped me and payed for my ice cream. Thanks for that, by the way," I tell him. He frowns at me. "What? I didn't pay. I thought you payed."

My eyes widen and my cheeks redden. "Are you serious? Do I have a stolen ice cream in my stomach?"

He chuckles. "It's not like it's a bad thing, Scar. It's just one time," he shrugs and sits down on the couch, legs wide so he takes up a lot of place.

Ethan groans. "Princess, why would you ever let him in? That annoying arse will never get outta here."

I shrug and give him a kiss, after which I walk to Elijah, who's scowling at Dante. He glances at me and smiles, accepting my kiss on his cheek. "Hey, sweetheart. Did your math test go well?"

I nod and snuggle into his chest, him pulling me onto his lap. We're now both seated on a chair at the dinner table, he was reading the newspaper. "I think it did. And you know what?" I giggle. I have some funny news they don't know yet.

His eyes light up. "What? What's the inside joke?" I giggle again. "So Mike didn't show up, like, at all. He's scared. So he has to redo the exam at the end of the summer or he'll do his year over once again."

He chuckles. "Oh really? Today is a horrible day for him." Jordan walks in and smiles at me, passing by for a kiss. "Hey, baby. Ready for French?"

I nod and smile. "Dante helped me." He glances at Dante, who waves at him. "Yo! Ey, that Mike guy, isn't that the one from in the basement? The one I cleaned up?"

My jaw drops. Basement? Cleaned up? I stand up from Elijah's grip and look at the guys. They shift uncomfortably. "You tortured Mike?"

My voice sounds high-pitched. But I don't care at his moment. why did they do that?

Jordan grimaces. "We were actually planning on doing this a little after you just came in, but I guess we have to tell you Mike won't be doing that exam anymore, actually."

My eyes widen and I gasp, covering my mouth with my hands. "You killed him?" I hiss. They slightly nod. Aaron seems to remember something and pulls his phone out.

"Sunbeam, I have some—" "No, I don't want to see it." I shake my head and shut my eyes. I hear a low chuckle. "It's just a voice message, sunbeam. Of course I'm not showing you anything."

Oh. Okay then.

I open on eyes and see him standing in front of me, holding out his hand with his phone in it. I take it and press play.

"Fucking apologize to her, right fucking now," I hear Ethan spit. I hear rage in his voice and frown. Why is he so mad at Mike?

"I can break your fucking neck with one movement, don't test me," Elijah adds. With big eyes, I look at him, but he sheepishly smiles at me, as if he'd never hurt a fly.

"I'm shorlly Shcarlsh," I hear a soft mumble. I frown and press it closer to my ear. "I didn't get that," I whisper. Aaron nods, "He'll repeat it, sunbeam."

I knew it was Mike. I recognize that bothering voice out of thousands, it sends shiver to my whole body.

"I'm shorry, Shcarlett," I hear. Oh. That was what he was saying? The recording stop and I look up at them.

"Where is he? Is he still here?" I start panicking. What if he comes up and grabs me?

Ethan shakes my head. "Elijah killed him and Dante cleaned up his mess. It's all done now."

I look at Elijah again, who's still smiling sheepishly. I roll my eyes. "So... what? Why did you kill the guy?"

Jordan shrugs. "He bothered you multiple times and he wouldn't stop. It was time we did something about it."

Oh. He's right about the not-stopping part, though. And now Mike finally won't call me his love anymore, or try to convince me to sleep with him. It's over.

I give them a hesitant smile. "Thank you, I think."