32.

Elijah pales

Elijah pales.

He points to the hallway, but when I turn around, no one's there. I frown. "What's wrong?" I ask. Aaron's eyes are wide too. "Oh my God," he mumbles, shaking his head.

"What? What? Oh no, did Jules hear me?" I ask, terrified. My bodyguard is such an annoying human being, I can't do anything but complain about him.

Then I hear it. A door slammed. A scream. Beating against the wall.

"What's that?" Aaron looks up at me, his eyes filled with worry. "Owen just heard that. I think it sounded like you were talking about him," he whispers. I gasp, covering my mouth. Elijah nods.

Oh no.

"I need to go to him. I need to tell him it's not about him," I panic and rush to the hallway. Jordan grabs my wrist and holds me from going. "Jordan! He's in pain!" I yell.

Ethan runs off to Owen's door. "No, don't you hear his beating? Ethan will go in first, Owen will never forgive himself if he hurts you."

But... but...

I shake my wrist free from his grip and run after Ethan, who just got in. I gasp at the mess Owen made. But he isn't here anymore.

The door to his bathroom is open. I point to it and Ethan nods, opening the door more. I hear his breath hitch. "Call an ambulance, right now!" he yells. I start crying and run back to Jordan. His eyes widen.

"Ethan said to call an ambulance right now. Please. What if Owen dies? I don't know what's going on, but Ethan sounded shocked. Call now," I shout and run back to Owen's room.

"Come on, bud, stay with me. Owen!" Ethan yells. I run to the door, which is half closed again. "Ethan? Can I come in?" I sob. I hear him curse. "Princess, there's a lot of blood. Why don't you go wait for the ambulance?"

No. I want to help.

I open the door and gasp. Owen is lying on the floor, covered in blood. It's coming from his arms, which are cut open. I gasp again and kneel down, pressing a cloth to it. If I press it hard enough, it'll slow down.

I look next to me and see Ethan has tears in his eyes. "Ethan! Do the same as me. It's not much, but it'll help," I shout and he nods. He gets up to take a cloth from the counter, but takes a notebook instead.

He shakes his head and gives it to me, now mirroring my movement. It's a note from Owen. A suicide note.

I'm sorry. Life got too dark without Scarlett.

"No! He's so annoying, always with his stupid jokes! I'm serious, Jordan, why don't you just kick him out? And he's always home late."

"And did you see what he was doing at work today? He was acting like a child"

I lost her guys. I never had her. Take care of her.

Owen

Tears stream down my cheeks. "No! Owen, I wasn't talking about you," I cry.