39.

Elijah brings me to school today

"Excited for our weekend, sweetheart?" he asks, smiling, when I hope in his car. I nod and give him a kiss. 

He drives slowly, talking to me. It's a nice day today. The sun's out, it's a nice temperature  and school is out at twelve, just today.

"Oh, right! I only have half of the day school," I say. He frowns. "Oh... " I frown, too. "What's wrong, cutie? If you have something planned, I can just hangout with Owen," I smile.

He shakes his head, a smirk growing on his lips. "No, no. I was going to the gym, but I figured you can just come with me. You won't mind that, will you?" he grins.

I blush. Seeing any of my guys work out is hot, and certainly if they are in bare chests. "I'm okay with that," I casually tell him, but he for sure sees the blush. "Oh, I know, sweetheart."

"Is Owen coming too?" I ask. He nods and I smile. Two guys working out... He lays a hand on my thigh, clearly knowing what I'm thinking.

"Try to focus on school, sweetheart. Don't be too distracted," he smirks. I blus, but roll my eyes. I give him a kiss and get out. "See you in a few hours," I mumble and walk in school. I hear his laugh behind me.

I see Dylan and hop to him. He smiles at me. "Hey! Just half a day," he smiles when he looks up. I nod, enthusiastic. "Yep. Any plans?"

He slightly blushes. "I met this guys at your bar... we're going out tonight," he says. I smile and hug him, although I feel like this isn't Dylan. Wasn't he the one daydreaming about Dallas' biceps.

I let go of him and am startled to see Dallas standing behind Dylan, with his face pale. I want to say something, but he turns around and runs off.

Dylan doesn't seem to notice and shows me a pic of his date. I nod and smile, but don't think he'll ever be as good for Dylan as Dallas was.

*******

"See you at Monday," Dylan smiles and drives away.

Elijah texted me he would be five minutes later, so I patiently wait at the parking lot. I scroll through Instagram, but it's boring.

Dallas appears out of nowhere. He stares at me, and I stare at him. He's the one who breaks eye-contact first, sighing and sitting down next to me. He really doesn't look good.

"Is it true? Scarlett, does he have another boyfriend? Or was it just to set me off?" he asks, tears streaming down his cheeks. I pull him in a hug. "No. He doesn't. He is going on a date though, tonight. He doesn't seem himself."

He sighs. "I made such a huge mistake," he sobs. I squeeze his hands. "It'll be okay. It'll work out. I promise," I whisper.

He doesn't seem to believe me and shrugs. He stands up and walks off to his car. I see Elijah's car and hop to it. It's a red car, and I think it's expensive. It looks expensive.

Owen is seated on the backseat, and I turn in my seat to give him a kiss. He smiles. I give Elijah a kiss too as he starts driving to the gym.

"So who are your gym buddies?" I ask. I'm glad I'll finally get to meet friends of my guys. Elijah frowns at me. "Gym buddies?"

I frown, too. "You don't have gym buddies?" I look at Owen, who's chuckling and shaking his head. He gives me a hand, and smiling, I take it in mine.

Elijah pouts, waving slightly with his hand. I give him my other hand, but now they're crossed. I giggle, look at it.

"I'm tangled," I giggle. Owen grins. "You don't have long hair, darling. You're not Tangled." I roll my eyes, but can't help but laugh.

"One day," I mumble. He kisses my hair. "I like your hair like this. It's not very useful, long hair," he shrugs.

I nod. "Okay."

Elijah parks. My eyes widen. "Isn't that your office?" He sheepishly smiles at me. "Oops, wrong way."

I roll my eyes, but they get out. I quickly run after them, slowing down between them. They grab my hand almost in sync, and I smile. These small things make me happy.

"So we're just going to work?" I ask. Owen nods, "Out." Work out. "Then why are we here?" I don't understand.

Owen gives me a kiss on my temple. "Darling, we have a gym right here. Why pay for another one? We own the whole building, and no one is allowed to come in the basement."

"You have a gym in your basement?" My voice is high pitched. Elijah smirks. "We have more, too."

I can't believe this. How rich are they? "What else?" I ask, looking up at him. We reached the building, but he quickly smirks, "You'll find out," before we step in.

A lot of people watch us. I blush, looking down. "They're staring," I mutter. Owen hums. "Let them. They're just jealous of you, darling."

I slightly look around. Most of the girls are winking at my boyfriends or glaring at me. I pull them in tighter and hear them chuckle. I don't care, they're mine.

Footsteps behind us stop Elijah and Owen from walking. They're coming from heels, that much I can hear. They turn around, and so do I. They let their hands fall down, releasing me.

"Anya," Elijah says. I look up. The woman can't be over forty, but she still looks like she's thirty. Her hair is short, but not too short, and she has an evil smile around her lips. I gulp, looking down again. She's intimidating.

"Jewel. Hayes. And who is this little cutie?" she chuckles and bends down, as if she's having trouble to look me in the eye. Then don't wear heels of eight inches.

"She's a friend. What do you want?" Owen snaps. I feel a sharp sting in my chest. A friend? I look up at him, but he finds my hand and squeezes it. 

"I want that report at 10 am," she 'sweetly' smiles. Elijah coughs, laughing. I look at him with wide eyes. He picks me up and sets me on his hip. "Look, sweetheart, this is the definition of thinking you're worth something. Anya, you work for us, not we for you."

I gasp. Anya just rolls her eyes. "Whatever you say, mister Casanova. Girly, don't let yourself in for his talks. Or their talks, whatever. They can't even do their work right. Hm, Owen?"

She smirks and walks away. Owen looks at the ground, and I feel bad for him. Elijah releases me and I give Owen a hug.

"She's wrong, Owen. You're worth so much. You'll do great."

*************

Heyyyyy!

Where are you all from?

Thank you for almost 10K reads! Omg! I still can't believe this...

x- N