13.

He fell asleep on my chest

His hand is intertwined with mine, resting in my lap. He looks at peace when he sleeps, as if nothing's going on in the world.

I play with his hair as I watch him sleep. I notice he has a TV built in his bed, and turn it on.

He was watching some series. I shrug and start the first episode again. If I can catch up, we can talk about it.

He's on the third episode, just halfway. After an hour, I'm halfway episode two.

He groans and flutters with his eyes, signs that tell me he's waking up. He blibks up at me, but doesn't move.

Then, he looks at the screen. "Hey. I wasn't that far," he frowns, his voice thick with sleep.

"Yes you were. You're on the next episode," I tell him. He shakes his head, which is still laying on my chest while he watches the screen. "I'm sure I wasn't there. Who the fuck is that?"

I giggle,"Then you must've fallen asleep. And that's the guy she cheated with." He gasps. "SHE CHEATED?"

Oops.

"But the red line said you were on episode three?" He shrugs and nestles in my chest again. "Never believe the red line then," he grins.

I kiss his forehead and his eyes close. It's ten pm now, we've been in here all afternoon and evening. I'm planning to almost go to sleep. I kiss his hair.

He speaks before me. "Aren't you tired?"  I shrug. "It's okay. I'm going to put on pajamas, okay?" He nods, releasing me. "I'm going to sleep. Goodnight, Scarlett."

I smile. "Goodnight, Jordan." 

I walk back to my room, and change. I see I have a text from Dylan.

Dylan: OMG I'M SO SORRY

Dylan: Was it urgent???

I sigh. No it wasn't. I was just breaking down and needed you, but you were hanging out with your boyfriend, like every night. 

Naah. Just wanted someone to talk to. It's fine

Dylan: I have time now?

Yeah, but I don't.

I leave my room and follow the hallway. I smile when I see Elijah's door. I believe we had a deal, sweetie.

I knock on the door, but don't hear a sound. So I slowly open the door, to find darkness. Is he sleeping? I walk in and switch on a small lamp.

Yes, he's sleeping. And he seems to have a nightmare. He's clutching the pillow and frowning. His expression is pained, and he whimpers now and then.

I tip toe to the side of the bed he's sleeping. And I bend down, to his ear. "Elijah," I whisper. He jerks to the other side of the bed, panting and eyes wide.