30.

Elijah carries me to the meeting room

It's bigger than their offices, and as expensive looking. The guys smile at me, and I see Aaron pacing around with a painful expression.

I quickly sit down on a chair, between Elijah and Ethan. Ethan gives me a kiss and smiles at me. "I'm happy you're here, but why? Don't you have school?"

I shrug, glancing at Aaron. He claps in his hands and pinches the bridge of his nose. "We need to get her protection," he starts. Everyone tenses. Aaron cringes. "And where the fuck is Owen?"

"I'm here!" Owen yells and storms into the meeting room. He's panting and sits down in the chair next to Jordan.

He doesn't even glance at me, just stares at Aaron. Everyone frowns at him, and he notices it. "What? What's wrong? I- Scarlett?"

His jaw drops. I awkwardly smile at him. Aaron closes the door and sighs. As I said, we need to get her protection. I was almost too late."

Jordan scowls. "What are you talking about, Aaron? You're scaring me," he says. Aaron glares at him. "I should! She almost got kidnapped! If I wasn't there, God knows where she could be right now!" he yells.

I cringe. They're all looking at me with shocked expression. I slowly nod, tears sting in my eyes again. "Sorry, sunbeam," Aaron softly says. I give him a weak smile.

"So I'm thinking, a bodyguard?" he asks the others. They nod. "Not Dante. He's gone to Spain for something," Ethan says. He and Elijah are both holding my hand, trying to sooth me. It works.

"No, I was thinking of Jules," Aaron says. They look at each other. "Jules? Why?" Aaron cringes. "I don't know. He seems good for the job, and he makes jokes all the times. Maybe he and Scarlett can become friends and it won't seem so hard for her anymore?"

I shrug. I don't know who Jules is, but he sounds okay. I like Owen's jokes, so I gotta give him a chance too. 

"It's okay for me," I bring in. Jordan sighs, but nods. "Okay. But is he's annoying, tell me. Promise that you'll tell me, okay?" I nod, not knowing why he would be annoying.

"Today no school," Owen smiles. I smile too. Yey! Good, because I didn't study for my math test... Owen sighs and gets up. "I wish I could get hugs too, but sadly, I don't work at fancy offices."

I feel bad for him. I just know he would do great at this job, but he just isn't allowed to do this. and that's really not fair.

I get up and walk to him, giving him a tight hug. "Here you go, sweetie. Work hard, okay?" I smile and give him a kiss. He nods, smiling. "See you tonight?"

I nod and wave, watching as he leaves. When he closes the door behind him, I turn and glare at the others. "I don't want him to work so long anymore."

Jordan shrugs. "Why not? At least we don't get out face drawn on," he chuckles. I flick his head and he winces. 

I look at Aaron, who's frowning at me. "Call Jules. I'm going to school," I say, mad. They can't be so mean to Owen!

He panics. "Sunbeam, it's not safe-" "Well, I'd rather get kidnapped again then having to listen to all of you being mean to Owen," I snap and walk out of the room. They call after me, but I ignore them.

Once downstairs, I walk to the secretary I saw earlier. I smile at her. "Hi! Could you tell me where Jules is, please?" 

She rolls her eyes, but nods. "He's at the parking. But he's got some job to do. Apparently, mister Ledger has this new girl," she gossips. I twist my face as if that's something new for me. "Really? That sucks, I wanted to get laid tonight," I sigh and walk off. I will get laid tonight.

I see a bold man leaning onto a car, and hop towards him. He rolls his eyes at me, but I just smile. He's bald... I onder how it feels to be bald.

I turn around and look up, trying to watch through the glass in the meeting room. After a few seconds, a cloud appears in front of the sun and I'm able to see them watchng down at me.

I look at Jules again. I shake his head, and he arches an eyebrow at me. "Hi! I'm Scarlett Hudson. Mister Ledger said you would be my bodyguard?"

He straightens his back immediately and nods. "Yes, my lady. Where do you want to go?" he asks, opening the door to the backseat of his car. Politely smiling, I get in. "School, please."