Chapter 7

The Dinner

I tried to forget last night's events, I woke up really early, I didn't even try to fall asleep since that was pretty much impossible. I went up to Buttface's room, I was as sly as a fox because going into a boys room wasn't a good look. He was quite surprised to see me but obliged to my demand to fight with him.

The sky outside was a beautiful shade of orange. Stan was still sleepy and fought quite sloppily. He wasn't usually very good but today even less. I wasn't the best with swords because of their size and weight but managed quite well.

After an hour or so, a familiar shadow was starting to appear. I sighed at the overbearing young lady. "Where were you?" Camila demanded. "You aren't my mother." I replied, quite annoyed. "You are my responsibility and I wanted to inform you that there is a man in your room with a package from your father."

Without questioning what she said, I went to my room and saw Chaos, my King of Spades. "Thank you Camila," I said as she walked out of the room. I gave Chaos a questioning look.

"Knives is dead and need replacement," he informed me. Sadness took over my body. This happened a lot with lower members but not for high ones like ours. I couldn't show my feelings and kept the tears inside. "Find a replacement but make it someone trustworthy, tell me first of who you think should replace her and I'll tell Joker. I want someone new, and smart with possible connections." My voice was shaky.

"I have some questions from Joker, '' he asked me, trying to change the subject. "Have you been discovered yet and what information did you gather?" I decided to lie because it was the best option. "No, and I've found nothing." He nodded and left the room but left the package. Camila came back in, cheeks red. Looks like someone has a little crush.

I ate breakfast in my room and chatted with Camila, I had gotten her to like me this past week which was no easy task. I came up with the lie that Chaos was my mailman back home and that his name was Dimitri (which wasn't a lie) and nagged her about liking him. Talking with her soothed my mind and almost made me forget about the Prince and Knives.

I later went outside with Miles and Lewis. They both had decided not to train today so I joined them. We were sitting on the grass, laughing when we suddenly heard a girl. We looked back to see her and there she was.

The definition of perfection. Her beautiful dark skin and eyes, her full plump lip and defined nose were where my eyes first looked. She was gracefully laughing with the prince. She had an elegant blue dress on with a hat to match. Why was everyone in this castle so attractive?

"Oh no, not her." I looked back to see that it was Miles that talked. Me and Lewis raised an eyebrow and Miles continued. "Her father and mine both went to the Psho academy together, her father is one of the four generals of Katai along with mine. She is insufferable. I was so glad when she left for boarding school 6 years ago. I can't stand Alyssa." He explained and left, Lewis followed.

I was already not liking her for ruining my chat and I hadn't even talked to her. I went towards her, seeming friendly, after all I had to keep up appearances. Aspen had just left. When I was in front of her, she looked at me from top to bottom.

She put on a fake smile and excused herself "Sorry, I have to catch up with my Fiancé."

"Fiance," I blurted.