Chapter 12

Stealing Hearts

I was ready for this day, my family was going to watch me winning today's challenge and hopefully even help me. I had no idea what we were going to do today but some rumors spread saying a lot of people would get sent back home.

I was too lazy to change my clothes so I wore yesterday's but quickly realised some of Ezekiel's blood was still on it. I hoped no one had realised yesterday.

Camila came in not even looking shocked seeing three guys in my room. She was probably already use to my questionable life. She gave me the meeting point and time and before I knew it I was here, in front of all members of the royal family, Alyssa and her father and a couple of people I couldn't recognise.

On my left were the benches full of people including the three criminals. Around me were he contestants, eager for the king to speak.

The king was surrounded by guards.

"Welcome, due to the unusual circumstances, this challenge will use your skills as well as luck. You will each take a paper with a name on it. You will have to steal a watch, placed on each of us. If you are lucky you may get an easy target or if you are unlucky you can maybe get me. I will be the only one surrounded by guards, everything is fair game except hurting your target physically. You will all be asked to meet here tomorrow a the same time, to get to the next challenge you will need the watch and name."

A guard came with a box and papers, one by one we picked one up and were asked not to look at it until we were alone. We all left our separate ways and I met up with my gang.

I took a peek at the paper and sighed at my luck, The King, of course I had to get the one person who has a whole set of guards around him at all times.

The others smiled at the thought of this challenge being a challenge. They couldn't wait to started and started talking on plans.

Ezekiel would knock some guard out and take their place by wearing the green and silver armour which will make him unrecognisable. We still had to figure out the rest but they suggested I talk to the other contestants, see if there was something I could use or find someway in. I agreed.

I went to our usual spot and was surprised to find them all there. "We were waiting for you" one of them said energetically. I sat down. "Who did everyone get?" I inquired. "I got Prince Kai" Miles told me. "I got Alyssa so that should be easy enough." Zeke exclaimed. "I don't know who I got, we have actually been trying to figure that out for the past half an hour. Her name is Matilda." Lewis explained and I told him all about Matilda, minus the parts about how I know her.

We all decided to first stalk our pray. I first informed myself of the kings whereabouts. Camila told me he was in his office like everyday, in a meeting.

I went through the vents, which I now realise how useful they are. I remember the way because of the blueprints that Miles had, which I didn't ask questions on how he got them. He was in his office with two of his sons.

The king sat in a chair, a table separated him from his kids. I could see the watch on his wrist and the exact same one for the two princes. Kai seemed to be complaining. Aspen was just sitting there quietly listening.

The king stood up and started to get quite angry and his youngest son, the celling in this room was too high for me to actually hear anything other than mushed up whispers.

The oldest prince tried to calm his father down and managed to make him sit down but as doing so he looked up, too quickly for me to hide so he saw me and just smiled.