Chapter 24 - Aspen's POV

The King

3 weeks later

White, fluffy clouds drifted across the bright blue sky and the whole landscape was bathed in the warm glow of the rising sun.

Today was the most important day of my life. My father was in front of me, tears threatening to leave his eyes. In the past month, a lot of tears have been shed, but for the first time in what seemed to be too long, these were happy tears.

Joy. Today would only be pure bliss, that was my goal. I couldn't wait to see my dad's face at the end of the day when I would be crowned King of Kataipolis, the second biggest kingdom.

I looked at myself one last time before leaving my room with my dad. My silver and green suit made me proud. I was proud of my kingdom, especially after these hard days.

My father left the room first. We walked the corridor together, pride filled up my lungs as I walked outside, a crowd of people waiting and cheering.

The way to the throne room was paved in white, I was anxious and so I left a mix of poppies and daisies along the way.

Sir Priest, our all knowing priest whos name no one knows was at the end of the pathway. No one knows how long he's been alive for but he's been incharge of the Heirs coronation ceremony for as long as anyone remembers.

He was also wearing the Kataipolitan colors, but instead of a suit was wearing his usual elegant robe.

Every step of the way felt like death, not knowing if you are going to hell or heaven, or in my case what type of a ruler I would be.

And in a blink of an eye, I heard him say, "you are now the rightful King of Kataipolis." He assented. My dad and brother pounced onto me and rewarded me with a tight embrace.

A giggle erupted as I spotted her in that vibrant yellow dress, which was close to her skin. I knew exactly why she chose that color, it matches my eyes.

"Go get your girl," Kai whispered in an all knowing tone. How did that prick know about her?

I slyly left the raging scene, a new king was now on the throne so that was to be expected. Shit. I'm the king.

Her hug from behind left me out of my thoughts and realizations.

"Hello mister King," she flirted lazily.

"It's your majesty to you!" a blush crept up her cheeks, what was she thinking about? She was always thinking, wasn't she?

"Well hello your majesty then, what will you do now that you've gained that new title?"

"I'm going to leave this room, then you will follow me to my chambers. You know how to get there unnoticed," he winked, " and then I'll make it one of the best days you've ever experienced.

"And then what?" Her voice was filled with so much curiosity and innocence that I knew she wasn't seducing me anymore.

"We'll take it one day at a time." I let out a sigh.

I loved Violet, but I also loved my kingdom.

In the end, who will win my heart?

But that was a question for another day.

___________________

The End,

Or not.. (Epilogue coming soon)

Thoughts?

-Questions