Chapter 11

The visit

I went closer to them. "What are you guys doing here?" I questioned. I stood straighter to look more intimidating to them, I could see the top of their heads because they were seated on the bed while I was standing in front of them.

The Joker was the first one to speak. "I wanted to see how my favorite Card was doing" The comment made Sebastien and Ezekiel look at him, annoyed. "I'm your son, I should be your favorite!" He stated. "But you aren't fully a card yet, are you?" He responded with his iconic sly smile.

"Somebody could see you" I warned but the three just laughed at me. "Well, we are staying here till your next challenge, I'm going to play as your cook while our boss is going to be your bodyguard and his son." Ezekiel explained. "This is a very far fetched story, why would I have a body guard and cook come to visit me for two days?" I told them my honest opinion. This was probably the most unbelievable part they ever played, maybe it's so crazy that it may even work?

"Very overprotective brother." Sebastian hisses , showing that this was not much of a lie, seeing the worry on his face. The month I was gone he clearly had grown, he wasn't the same chubby cheeked, soft little boy that I saw a couple of weeks ago. He was now a way taller, his long black hair was shaved, and he was a more muscular man. He wasn't as fit as the other cards but without me The Joker had clearly given more attention to him and his training. When his face looked out of the window I noticed a scar going from the top of his left ear into his shirt.

I stepped closer trying to touch the scar but he grabbed my hand in an instant. His reflexes were also better. This wasn't my brother who I loved, this was another boy, man.

I tried to change the subject and it worked. We spent all night talking and sometime around three we fell asleep.

.....

I woke up because a horrifying smell reach my nose. My eyes bolted open and I quickly saw the Ezekiel's feet were touching my nose. "Eww" I exclaimed as I pushed his feet away from me. The Joker fell asleep on the floor and Seb was in the bathtub with only a pillow.

I lazily got up changed my shirt and tossed water on Sebs and Ezekiel's to wake them up face but made sure not to do it to the Joker, I would not want to do something that I might regret later.

I didn't wait for them and quickly went to go eat breakfast, my favorite meal of the day. I went to go sit in my usual spot and saw everyone from the usual squad was here except Zeke.

"You look horrible" Miles energetically squeaked. "Did you even sleep last night?" Lewis shyly added. A hickey was visible on his neck. Guess they made up then...

"Thank you so much" I answered sarcastically. "I'm hungover and had to sleep next to smelly feet" I whispered, more to myself then to them but they must have understood because Miles gave me his signature wink. "So.... Where's Zeke" I asked, trying to change the topic.

"Training for the challenge tomorrow, haven't heard or seen you training in a while." "Buttface quit, too lazy to do it myself.'' I told Lewis.

Three people took the seats around me. I gave them a glare, warning them of what I might do. "So, who are you?" Zeke commented. "We're her friends, you?" Lewis and Miles shot back. "Friends'' Ezekiel said under his breath, probably thinking that I wasn't listening. "I'm Jonas, her bodyguard back at home and this is my son Oliver. Leonidas, her brother, wanted us to check up on her" The Joker explained in a voice far nicer then what he usually is. "And you?" Miles asked in an annoyed tone. "Karl, the cook" He answered. "My brother didn't want me to starve to death!" I blurted out.