7 • Enticing

Seraphina POV

I had slept through breakfast, but that didn't mean I didn't eat. Desmond had left me a tray of food on my dresser with a note that read:

Sera,
I didn't want to wake you up so I brought breakfast up for you. I won't be back to the cabin until dinner so please help yourself to anything in the kitchen. Mr. Chap will be here if you need anything until I get back later. You can usually find him in the kitchen or living room. I also wrote my phone number on the back of this note if you need me. Make yourself at home.
- Desmond
P.S. You might have to warm up the oatmeal, and no I did not make this. If I had the house would have burned down.

I placed the note next to the tray with a smile. That was nice of him, maybe this wasn't such a bad idea after all.

The spiced smell of cinnamon filled my nose as I looked at the cinnamon-covered oatmeal. Just as Desmond had warned me it was cold like the room. Not yet ready to leave my room I looked at what else he picked for me.

There was a red delicious apple next to the bowl of oatmeal, a croissant, and a small bowl of blueberries. Picking up the apple I took a bite of it as I tugged my blanket around my shoulders.

I gazed out of the window to the scattered people below. Most were men in their twenties and thirties, but a few showed signs of an older age. Their pepper salt beards and hair took away any illusion they were younger than forty.

Not all of them were men though. There were a couple of women, most of them either carried fruits and bread or looked like Amazonians. Those that looked nothing like a housewife towered over the rest of the women, some were close to the height of some of the men.

A woman with short natural red hair was laughing alongside another woman. Her lightly freckled face and dark green eyes reminded me of Mara. I missed her and I made a mental note to call her and tell her I was alright and not to worry.

Lost in thought I hadn't noticed that the two women had stopped laughing looking back up at me. The taller of the two kissed the redhead before telling her something and walking away. The redhead still gazed up and I waited for her to give me a glare of some sort, being that I was so used to it, but I was stunned when she offered me a warm smile.

Shocked, I backed away from the window, and just before I backed away to the point I could no longer see her I caught her frowning. I wasn't sure what that was about but I forced myself not to dwell on it finishing up my breakfast.

I sat on my bed rubbing my hands through my hair as I debated what I was going to do next. Desmond wasn't in the house, I didn't know anyone and though Desmond did say I could wander around the cabin I decided against it.

Osiris's voice warning me against talking to anyone was like an alarm in my head. I didn't want to cross him, he didn't seem like a forgiving man and I wasn't about to test the waters and find out if he was.

Deciding that now that the cabin was quiet it was probably the best time to let everyone know where I ended up. I pulled open my backpack throwing the little clothes I packed onto the bed. Finding my cellphone I tapped the screen to unlock it but immediately frowned when I realized the phone was completely dead. I rummaged through the backpack in search of my charger and cursed when I couldn't find one. I had forgotten it.

"Damn it," I whispered trying once more to turn on my phone, I knew it wouldn't magically turn on, but a girl could try. Biting my lip I contemplated on what to do. Desmond wasn't around and I didn't want to leave the cabin, but how else was I supposed to keep myself busy and charge my phone?