50 • Spiked

⚠️ WARNING: This chapter depicts a scene of rape and may be disturbing to some readers. There will be a brief recap of this chapter at the end for those that wish to skip over the details. ⚠️

Seraphina POV

He pulled back before I could even get a word out.

"Osiris-"

"I should not have done that." He interjected turning away and heading back into the woods.

He had just cut me off like that. Osiris just did something so intimate yet...

How could he just turn away like that? I had questions, I had thoughts, I had feelings. My feelings were a jumbled mess of both wonder and desire. I didn't want to figure it out on my own not when we were both here in this moment together.

I caught up to him grabbing his shoulder to turn him around.

"Don't, Phina." He brushed me off. I hesitated slightly before I grabbed hold of his arm tighter yanking him back.

There was shock in his face though he tried to hide it with a scowl, and for a moment I thought I had crossed a line. I didn't know what I was doing or why and before I knew it the words were stumbling out of my mouth.

"Osiris, can I ask you something?"

"Yes."

"Why exactly didn't you tell me the truth about us?" I swallowed the lump in my throat as I watch Osiris piece together any answer.

His eyes deepened before he shook his head and revealed his natural eyes. "I-"

My back pocket buzzed as my phone rang. I tapped the button to silence it but not before Osiris said, "You should take that."

There was something in his tone but I couldn't put my finger on it. He was trying to dodge the question.

"No, I want- I deserve an answer."

He sighed licking his lip and rubbing the back of his neck. His finger curled around the back of his neck when my phone rang again. This time I couldn't ignore it, the thought of one of my parents or Mara calling for help gave my heart palpitations.

I didn't even read the contact on the phone before I slid my finger across the screen to answer.

"Hel-"

"Seraphina, where are you?" His voice pierced my ears.

I had to pull the phone away from my ear, my hearing was all too sensitive at the moment for the shouting. Osiris took a step closer toward me. Looking up at him I could see his eyes fixated on the phone.

Missing the first bit of his shouting I was left confused when I pressed the phone back to my ear. "-he punched me Sera! He's deranged brother fucking punched me."

"W-what? Why would-"

"Because he's fucking crazy Sera. I've been telling you from the start these brothers are no good... shit..." I heard him sniffle on the other line. "-I think my nose is broken."