17 • Beg

Seraphina POV

"She nearly killed herself Des."

I could hear the two brothers arguing through the walls of the cabin. It didn't matter that I was sat in the living room across the cabin from the office. I could still hear them clearly.

Honestly, I thought Osiris raising his voice was purely to remind me how furious he was at me. He reprimanded me the moment I walked through the door.

Desmond wasn't there when we arrived, no surprise there, so Osiris tended to me. I say tended to me with a light heart because he didn't do anything without grumbling and growling. Everything he did for me was followed be a string of scolding words.

At some point I had stopped trying to apologize to him finding he was ignoring me.

"But she's fine so relax. Continuing to be angry at her isn't going to change anything." Desmond shot back.

I was glad that Desmond was at least defending me after my stupid idea. It wasn't wise at all and when I laid on the sofa I finally had undivided time to think it all over. Osiris was right when he said I nearly got myself killed I couldn't argue that, but I was okay, right?

I flexed my stiff fingers under the blanket. I still had all my fingers and toes.

"What? You can't do that." Desmond's sudden yell had my head snapping in the office's direction. "I don't want to do this anymore Oz."

"I don't care." Osiris snapped back with a growl.

The brother began to argue, snarls and growls filled the cabin as they continued spitting insults at one another. I knew that the anger Osiris had was caused by me but I wasn't sure were Desmond's built up anger was from. I figured it might have been from me too, seeing as he didn't even bat an eyelash when he came in the cabin.

I intended to have a conversation with him about his avoidance but I wasn't sure how to bring it up. He'd think I'm attacking him.

It didn't matter though because that conversation was going to the back burner. Right now Desmond and Osiris were in the office together this might be my only chance to tell Osiris about Philip.

I swung my legs over the side of the sofa and wrapped the blanket around my shoulders as I headed to the office. There shouting grew louder the closer I got and I had to give myself a pep-talk before I opened the door.

The silence was thick when I peered inside. Each one of the men turned simultaneously as I closed the door behind me. Tucking a piece of my blonde hair behind my ear that had fallen forward I moved closer to Desmond.

Osiris sat in his chair with narrow sharp eyes as he watched me in pure silence. It was clear in his flexing biceps and clench jaw that he was happy with my presence but he didn't say anything. I sat in one of the chairs in front of his desk and kept my eyes fixated on the gold wolf statue that stood on it.

No one said or moved for sometime until Desmond cleared his throat.

"Do you need something Sera?" His voice was calm and caring a drastic comparison to Osiris's usual insults and sarcasm.

I peered over my shoulder to look at him. "I went looking for you, I'm sure Osiris explained that much already though." Desmond nodded as I continued. "I wanted to talk to you about something..." I bit my lip nervously. "I actually needed to talk to Osiris but I wanted to see you first."