27 • Conditions

Seraphina POV

My palms were clammy as I watched Jensen run about the room. His cabin was especially messy today and from the looks of it, vials and glass bottles of random content were spilled in various places.

It looked like a tornado came through here.

Picking up a broken piece of glass I peered over at the man that rushed about the room. "Is your lab normally this messy or are you having a rough week Mr.Jensen?"

I held the glass in front of my face as I watched a pinkish liquid drop from the jagged edge. My nose crinkled at the scent finding it bitter in nature. Covering my nose I threw it out. Andy did the same finding a few glass shards himself and discarding them in various buckets around the room.

"A rough week?" He huffed glancing over his shoulder before returning to the book shelf he searched through. "If only I could call it that. With all the preparations for winter, I had little time to do much of anything away. Ah, found it."

He pulled a thick book from the shelve. When he opened it up dust flew into the air and he swatted it from his face as he fixed his glasses.

Jensen flipped through the pages as I tried to read the binding of it. The lettering had aged however leaving the wording unreadable.

"Here," He dropped the book on his lab table.

I stretched my neck to see the contents of the page and I couldn't help but crinkly my brows in perplexity. Write in bold print on the top of the page was the world Witchcraft.

"Excuse me Jensen but I don't follow."

"I figured dear. I think this we'll help connect the dots for you." He pulled out the same forms he showed before and put them side by side the book. "Remember how I told you that you have less growth hormone than the normal individual?"

I nodded my head.

"We'll while that can occasionally happen to pups born with half DNA from a human it's never happened to a full wolf born from werewolf parents."

"I know that but why am I an exception?"

He held his finger up to halt my speech flicking through a few pages until he found the one he needed.

"Witches are the only beings capable of manipulating other living things. They can cast spells to heal, rejuvenate, torture, you name it they can most likely do it. They're quiet creatures but they are never to be taken lightly." He warned looking over at me. "They can be evil just as much as they can be good."

"Jensen I'm still lost." I admitted scanning over the pages. Nothing rang a bell as I looked it over.

"Based on your blood work and tests I've done I believe that someone manipulated with your wolf half. They suppressed your intuition to recognize your own wolf."

My eyes drew wide. I had never been told this before and though it's not far fetch it is nearly unbelievable. Why would someone cast a spell on a child? For what?

As far as I knew witched steered clear from supernaturals when a few started to capture them and use them for their own devices. To find a witch was difficult and if you found one they were smart casting spells to help them hide or sneaky away.

Who had the energy to find a witch and then on top of that convince the witch to work for them?

"A-are you sure?"

I had so many more questions now that it was difficult to know which ones were worth asking now. There were too many to chose from to narrow down my list to just a hand full.