51 • Cold

Seraphina POV

Everything felt as if it were moving in slow motion. I wanted to bath myself in acid. My skin felt contaminated, my inside twisted with the growing need to empty its contents.

Through tears that blurred my vision I tracked through the snow. I ignored the burning sensation the melt snow created inside my boots as I plowed through the six plus inches of fresh snow.

"Phina!"

Osiris yelled my name but I didn't bother to slow down. He would have no trouble catching up to me in fact I was pretty sure he was keeping his distance on purpose.

I didn't know where I was wandering too. I was just mindlessly walking with no direction in particular.

What the hell was wrong with me?

I trust him.

I let him into my life... all these years and...

The thought was to painful, a broken sob escaped my lips. Fuck, I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs.

My foot had gotten wrapped up in something beneath the snow and before I knew it I was falling onto my hands and knees.

"Son of a bitch!" I screamed throwing snow into the air as I pushed myself back onto my feet.

"Phina," Osiris grabbed my shoulder to face him. "This isn't you're fault." He wrapped my up in his arms before I could pull away and I felt like I fell apart in his clasp.

My world had come to a crumbling end. Ever bit of myself that I had built up and grown over the years felt like it had vaporized before my eyes. It was all futile, a waste of time.

I never had true friend. It was all an illusion.

My cries echoed off of the village cabins. I knew the werewolves that lived inside could hear me. I also had no doubt that the resin the village was so barren was because of Osiris.

He wouldn't want his pack to lay eyes on his deranged and pathetic mate and Luna. What kind of example was I displaying?

"I hate myself." I cried.

Osiris rubbed his hand on the back of my head in soothing circles. It did nothing but ignite the sparkling nerve endings of my body. It was all to easy to ignore right now, against the pain I felt.

"Don't." He insisted burying my face deeper against his chest. "None of this was your fault. He a disgusting human being."

"A-a-and I trusted him. I called him m-my best friend. I let him i-in my house. I-I blamed m-myself. I-I a-apologized to h-him for-" I couldn't get everything out between my chocking sobs. I didn't even think Osiris could make out my words anymore.

"Shhh, he'll never hurt you again. He'll never touch you again. I promise you."

"What happened?" Ivy's voice was distant. She had probably heard all my screaming thinking I had finally lost my mind.

There was silence, however, that followed before she growled. "Where the fuck is he? At the cabin?" I pulled my face away from his chest to watch Ivy as she stormed through the snow with ease.