30 • Time

Seraphina POV

He made me feel like a selfish brat. As if I would literally hold him from taking care of the pack. If I'd known that a member was found dead I would never have fought him so hard to stay and explain himself to me.

Osiris was good at making me out to be a fool. He was always able to make me feel a wheel of emotions before flipping them a whole one-eighty. It was natural to him, from what I have seen, that he had no trouble having small talk one moment than being insensitive the next.

My fingertips trailed over the edge of the hardcover book I borrowed from Jensen. After our discussion, I wanted to know as much as I could about this witch stuff. Jensen seemed pretty adamant about the possibility of a witch par-taking in my mutation.

Ever since my parents had left this morning, I've buried my attention in the old textbooks. Andy had spent much of the morning taking notes for me and gossiping about Dark Titan's drama.

Learned that Natalie, the alpha's daughter, was in fact gay, I mean she was a lesbian. Honestly, the news sounded fake when Andy first told me but the fact that he had photos of her kissing another she wolf at a fair, was all the proof I needed to know he was telling the truth. There wasn't a thread of a fib.

It was nice having a familiar face around. Ivy was fun to hang out with and entertaining to listen to but something about having Andy around felt comfortable. I didn't feel like I was to be extra careful about what I said or what I asked. Andy didn't make me feel like he was holding anything back from me either.

"So, Philip has been a mess lately. Talks about him prohibiting Natalie from leaving the house have spread. It wouldn't be surprising if he was trying to reform her or something." Andy said unfazed by the image of a father locking away his daughter for being a lesbian.

Though I was straight I never cared much about someone's sexuality. I never could understand how upset some people could get about who was attracted to who and who loved who. I'd always been a firm believer in if something didn't involve me, didn't harm me or someone else and it made someone happy who am I to prevent someone from being happy.

"What you think he's trying to change her mind?"

He shrugged. "I wouldn't put it past him. You know how traditional he is."

I scoffed, as if. "Philip isn't traditional, he's ignorant. Everyone in the werewolf community knows that mates aren't only heterosexual."

"Psh- I know, but try telling that to that homophobic dickhead."

I tucked a paperclip in between the pages I stopped at. Shutting the book and placing it on the desk I flopped onto my back on the bed.

I stared up at the same fifty-two wood panels on the ceiling. I played with the loose curls of my hair as I recalled the way that Philip treated Natalie. It was a secret that he despised his daughter for being a female and when the luna was unable to conceive again he was furious with her.

The bed dipped next to me and when I turned to look at the person I came face to face with Andy who lay next to me. He propped himself up on his elbow to look at me, a beaming smile planted on his face.

"You don't look happy Sera."

I wasn't and I knew that I was most likely making that more than obvious with my closed-off disposition. Andy on numerous occasions had tried to spark some sort of conversation but I couldn't get myself to care enough to gossip too.

There was something about the way that Osiris acted, that had grabbed my attention. The shaking on his face when I pointed out that I heard him was alarming. It was like he didn't expect me to hear him.