45 • Empty

Seraphina POV

After the deal, Osiris and I made we had agreed on starting first thing tomorrow morning. I wasn't exactly thrilled to be waking up before the sun was up but Osiris assured me that it was necessary.

Why exactly it was necessary, I have no idea, but I didn't object instead settling on showing my distaste with a cringe. Osiris told me to get over it and to expect early mornings until I'm able to shift.

I wished that I could know if this plan was going to work. I didn't want to risk growing more attached to Osiris. The thought of it made the pit of my stomach twist all the while my head painfully reminds me that he is the other half to me. He was a part of the missing piece that made my soul feel so empty. It wasn't just my wolf I was missing and needing to fix.

My phone buzzed as I wandered into the kitchen for a snack. A text message popped up on my phone.

Mara: We need to talk. Like ASAP.

Everything alright? :Me

Mara did reply right away. I chalked up her reaching out to some gossip she wanted to share with me. Mara was able to know much of the elite werewolves in Dark Titan's secrets. Being the future beta female she knew dirt of just about everyone. She felt safe telling me because it wasn't like I was close to anyone else in the pack. The only other person I would have shared the gossip with was Andy and by then Mara more often than not bet me to it.

Slipping the phone back into my jacket pocket I pulled the fridge door open. There was more in the fridge than there was the first few weeks I was here. I wondered if that was due to storage because of the winter or something else. Storage made the most sense to me.

Being courteous I grabbed a a single Tupperware of carrots. It wouldn't normally be my first choice but it wasn't the worst thing to grab from the fridge to snack on. I don't think chopped carrots was a bad option compared to turnip juice.

I closed the door to the fridge and nearly screamed.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I squealed. "Jesus, Andy are you trying to give me a heart-attack?"

Andy looked apologetic as he murmured a sorry.

"Did you come in the kitchen for something?" I asked trying to calm my racing pulse.

"Uh- yea, I was actually looking for you." He cocked his eye brow as he eyed the Tupperware. "I thought you were part werewolf not part rabbit."

I rolled my eyes. "There wasn't much else. Want some?" I offered popping off the lid and toss a baby carrot into my mouth. He shock his head instead, leaning his arms agains the island as he watched me a small grin was on his face.

"You never came to get me like you said you would." Andy didn't show it but there was a flicker of hurt behind those eyes.

Guilt welled up in my chest. I had been so overwhelmed with everything else I had forgotten about Andy completely. What kind of friend was I?

I dropped the carrot in my hand back into the container. "I'm so sorry Andy, I forgot. Jensen came by the training cabin a little after you left. I had no idea he was coming to meet me there until he just showed up." I groaned, ashamed.

"Oh," He muttered half to himself. "-well why'd he show up there? Was there something wrong?"

"No, he just wanted to do a progress check or something. We found out that I'm becoming more and more wolf like. So that's good." I said with a smile. "Jensen wasn't sure about what caused the sudden change, but I-"