26 • Bad

Osiris POV

"And she wants this?" I couldn't wrap my mind around the news that my mate wanted to keep the human around. He was her best friend from what she's mentioned but seeing him so comfortable around her and touching her just drove me mad.

The thing is, is that the pesky human so close to her wasn't what left me crazy it was the why Desmond just sat there in front of everyone unbothered. He wasn't playing the part well enough.

No mate ever would sit there and allow another male to be that close to her let alone touch her without snapping or saying something. I nearly lost my wits when he put his hand on her.

"That's what she told me." Ivy confirmed the reassurance not what I sought out.

I pinched the bridge of my nose as I shut my eyes.

Phina was trying to make herself at home, I told my wolf who wanted to dig his teeth in the boys skin. She wanted to feel at home and I hated myself for being unable to give her that right now.

If Philip and his allies weren't so he'll bent on tearing my pack apart and burying me six feet under I'd have had her under my weeks ago. She'd show off my mark on her delicate little neck for everyone to see if it weren't for the fear I had of someone taking her away or worse killing her.

Hearing her shout at her father earlier was enough for me to just about snap. If it weren't for Ivy yelling after me not to do anything stupid and seeing Phina perfect intact I think I might have torn her father in half.

Zero fucks would have been given.

Welcome to the family.

I heard her shuffle around. Lifting my head up I watched as she maneuvered around the chair to sit in front of my desk. She waited patiently for me to make some sort of reply but all that I could muster at the moment was where Phina was and what she was doing.

Was she alright? What did she think about me? Did she think that me grabbing her was out of line?

The thought of my mate not wanting me to touch them and protect them wounded my wolf and myself. It didn't matter how much I tried to see the positives of my mate not wanting to be around me, it still stung. Sure, it helped portray the image to Philip that she wasn't mine but this facade was only going to last so long.

"You want me to let the human stay." I grumble. Ivy never sat in my office unless she wanted something and the only thing that I could figure out that she'd want my approval on would be to keep the human around.

I didn't like the idea, however. He was human but that didn't mean that I wanted him snooping around my pack, plus I didn't know how my pack would react to a mateless human living among them now.

We only had two other humans that lived within our pack and they were all mated to a werewolf. I didn't like the idea of humans living within my pack without having a reason to. Other alpha might be okay revealing themselves to humans but I knew too many humans that changed their minds about werewolves and ended up killing them.

"I don't see a reason as to why not." She contended. She played with the waves over her short red hair and it reminded me of the day that Aspen, Desmond and I stumbled across her.

I can remember that memory vividly as if it were yesterday. The terror in her eyes when we found her will forever be engrained in my head. Her round green eyes screamed fear and hidden agony while she head her little brother.

We just so happened to be nearby at the moment and the second that Aspen picked up on her scent she took off. It took Desmond and I a few moments to realize that she had taken off without us.