36 • Torn

Seraphina POV

"He's arrogant." Andy hissed, loathing thick in his voice.

He wasn't wrong, Osiris was an asshole for lying to me and forcing his brother and everyone else to play along with his delusional scheme.

Osiris tried to assure me his intentions were pure but pure or not he still viewed me nothing less than a pest. I was a nat that couldn't be swatted away. The same feelings that flooded me back at Dark Titan when I was picked on came back to me when I thought about what my own mate did.

He didn't really want me, he never did, if he did he would have came clean much sooner. He wouldn't have lied to me if he really accepted me.

The cool breeze that fanned my face made me aware of the tear that escaped my eye. I rubbed my cheek with more force than needed to wiped the remnants away.

"What do you plan to do now?"

His question left me speechless, as if I had thought that far ahead. It wasn't that I was not actively trying to figure out my next course of action it was the fact that ever attempt I made to decided left me with a sickening feeling. Every thought that started out as a great plan and hopeful in helping me heal left an ache in the pit of my gut. The thoughts left me revolted at any idea that entertained the possibility of leaving this pack.

I couldn't explain it but there was this nagging feeling that redirected me each and every time I came close to following through and packing my stuff up.

With a huff of exhaustion I flopped down into the desk chair. I rested the back of my head against the top edge of the less than comfortable swivel chair. The action drew a hiss out as my neck cracked from the awkward angle.

"So I take it you haven't thought much about what to do next?" Andy presumed.

His support and company was keeping me sane. I couldn't imagine how I would have handled this news alone.

"Not at all." I mumbled.

Andy moved to sit on the floor in front of me and as I gazed down I was welcomed with a sincere warm smile.

"If it's an constellation he isn't treating you much better than Philip did, and Philip isn't even your mate. I may be human but even I know that's no how you treat your significant other."

"I could leave this place." I blurted regretting my words as the fell from my lips.

It was something I thought about to myself, I had no intention of sharing that idea with anyone but it was now too late to take it back. I was thankful that it was only Andy who heard it.

"Where would you go? How would you live on your own? You've never lived my yourself before Sera."

I shrugged. "Who cares it probably much better than living in a house with a mate that never truly wanted me. For all I know he's just having me stick around to give him a pup. I wouldn't be surprised if he tossed me to the side afterwards."

"You think he'd really do that?"

"Philip would, and like you said they aren't far from being the same."

My heart felt like it was tearing itself up with each of my words. My mouth and throat had suddenly grown dry with apprehension. I had to tug the collar of my shirt from my throat when I found the fabric claustrophobic against my neck.

"Sera, you didn't get far last time and as your friend I honestly don't think it's a good idea."

"So you want me to stay?" I accused.