Chapter Six

I turned around with Jasmine in my arms and realised that my shoulders and arm were hurting. When I looked down, I realised that Jasmine was fast asleep. No wonder she hadn't stirred all this time.

I walked to the 'bed' and placed her gently on the bed and watched mesmerised as the pearl shaped bed closed in a little on her and something clicked on and warmth started spreading across the mattress. It seemed like the bed was almost cradling her. I stepped back a little and realised it seemed to imitate the womb.

What better way to sleep?

I turned around and finally dropped the bag I'd been carrying all this time and dug out a long loose shirt and flannel pants. Both of these were old and were perfect for falling asleep comfortably. The shirt was an old one of my father's. But the pant...

I sat down on the chair, only a little surprised when it moulded to me and arm rests and a back rest extended for my comfort.

I rubbed the pant between my fingers, a small smile on my face.

This pant had been my mother's. My dad said so. Placing the pant on my lap, I pulled out my snowflake necklace, running my fingers over the rough edges and then curling my hand over it. Letting out a small breath, I walked to where the bathroom had been. Sensing my presence, the blinking screen retracted from the wall and I placed my bracelet on it. The data pad hidden behind a transparent part the wall appeared again and informed me I had ten minutes to bathe.

Ten minutes. Alright.

I walked in, pulling off my clothes and leaving them on the floor for now. I walked into the circular structure and jumped a little when the structure closed in on me automatically.

Letting out a breath, I looked around to see if there was anything I had to press. But the water automatically came on. My eyes widened as the sprays from different locations on the wall of the structure turned on and off almost rhythmically, loosening the muscles on my back.

The heat set perfectly and I watched as the small ball of purple liquid glowed. I took my hand towards it and was surprised when some of the liquor squirted into my hand.

"One minute complete. You have nine minutes left to bathe." The computerised female voice informed me.

Dragging in a sharp breath, I quickly started massaging the liquid that smelled very pleasant into my hair and then onto my body.

I was done bathing by six minutes. An accomplishment given that I had long hair. Once the structure sensed that I was done, it opened and I walked out. A compartment near the wall slid open and I saw soft cloths inside. I pulled two out and wrapped them around my hair and body.

I plucked my old clothes off the floor and was about to walk out when another compartment right near the door opened.

"Please place your clothes for cleaning here." The computer instructed.

With raised eyebrows, I dropped my clothes into the long draw-like compartment.

I then walked out and checked on Jasmine who was still asleep.

Then I quickly pulled on my night clothes, unwrapping the cloth from my hair and running it through the wet strands of my hair.

I quickly looked around for a clock or some sort of time telling machine that would let me know when I had to leave.

"What's the time?" I wondered out loud.

"The time is nine thirty five. Would you like me to display the time?" A computerised voice asked.