Chapter Seventeen

My jaw was trailing behind me on the floor as I walked towards Wolf.

I placed my hand on his jaw and turned it this way and that inspecting him. There wasn't a single bruise or mark left on him.

"If you wanted to touch me, all you had to do was ask." Wolf said, smirking at me, while I examined his once swollen lip, with my fingers clasping his jaw and tilting his face up.

"Wolf, shut up." I said, before turning to one of the the C'Riel who had fixed him.

"What did you do?" I asked her, ignoring Rafe who's eyes were drilling holes into me.

She blinked at me and her gaze shifted to Rafe as if seeking permission.

Oh, to hell with this.

I turned back to Wolf and said, "Get up."

I moved back as he got up. I looked at his knuckles that looked as if they hadn't been pummelled by the six foot something of an angry coal eyed alien that was near me, less than an hour ago.

"You quickened the healing process?" I asked to no one specifically.

"It felt really funny." Wolf told me.

Freesia stepped forward, "Who cares? You look great." She said.

Wolf threw her a look of pure confidence.

"Of course I do."

Freesia and I rolled our eyes and turned to leave.

"Okay okay!" Wolf said from behind us and we stopped from leaving, turning to look at him.

He thanked the C'Riel who helped him and jogged up to us. His suit was still torn in places but otherwise he was perfectly fine.

"How the hell did your suit tear?" I asked him, touching my index to a small torn fragment near his shoulder while the three of us headed out of the Health Care Centre. 

"Ms. Hills." Rafe's voice came out sounding harsh from behind us.

I stilled.

Wolf's eyes swept to the side to meet mine. He knew I was pissed off. Freesia caught my hand and squeezed. Her version of a reminder: be careful.

I took a deep breath and turned around to meet dark dark eyes, crossed arms; his guarded pose.

"Yes?" I asked, mirroring his pose.

"A word." He said.

I let my eyes glare into his, letting him know just how much I didn't want to have 'A word' with him.

"We actually have class..." Freesia started but trailed off when neither Rafe nor I looked at her.

Wolf cleared his throat and leaned towards me.

"Want us to stay or leave?" He whispered.

I turned to look at Wolf and Freesia and saw the look on their faces. No matter what happens now, they would be on my side. It made me smile.

"I'll catch up with you," I said.

I met Wolf's eyes and they asked Are you sure?. I nodded my head slowly to let him known I knew what I was doing.

He nodded at me and tugged Freesia, who still looked very unsure about the whole thing, away.

I turned back to look at Rafe.

His hair was tousled, but it still curled perfectly around his ears and brushed his forehead. The angles of his strong nose, rigid jaw and broad shoulders accentuated his anger, somehow.