Chapter Forty Six

The darling vhenke made this picture for me based on her imagination of Rafe and Amour. *heart eyes* Just look at how well she's drawn their features! (And the colour of the leaves on the trees) They're so perfect! :)

Thanks, vhenke ! Lots of love from Rafe and Amour! And me. *kisses*

____________________________________

If I didn't see Rafe today, it would be my seventh day away from him.

This was the first thought I had when I woke up. This was always the first thought I had when I woke up.

I squeezed my eyes closed, pressing the heels of my palms to my eyes.

I had tried, more than once, to go to his room, but the damn elevator denied me access to the floor. And I belatedly realised it always scans our finger prints when we pressed digits. I realised that no one else was allowed on that floor either—Freesia and Wolf had tried too.

Frustration, helplessness and anger mounted on me and my mood was usually very foul.

Today was no different.

I promised myself that when I saw him again, I would kill him.

I pushed myself off the bed and went about my usual motions. I trudged out of the room half an hour later, my data pad the only device I was allowed to carry.

I skipped breakfast, heading out of the Main Entrance and walked straight into the forest.

Today was just not a good day for me. Then again, neither had the past few days been any better.

When I told my father what had happened when I saw him at the Education Centre, he legitimately lost his cool. Then he told me something that just turned my mood fouler.

He said he would request I be shifted to live with him. He didn't wait to hear me out and gave me a crushing hug (that told me how much this was scaring him), a kiss to my forehead, promised me I would be safe from now on and marched away with his hands fisted by his sides.

I had seen him every day since then and though his expression was grim, his eyes spoke of a determination I knew would not wear out until he got what he wanted.

And to add insult to the injury, every single C'Riel who saw me now, looked at me with pity, curiosity and maybe even a little disgust. News spread fast about me and Rafe and about being caught with a shirt on. Only a shirt on. Apparently that was the worst thing someone could get caught doing.

I don't understand why, and there was no one I wanted to ask that to either.

The one person I did, was not around, having chosen to walk away silently.

I shook my head, bringing my thoughts back to the present. I kicked the ground I stood on, rubbing a hand down my face and checked the time on the my data pad.

I looked behind me and realised I had ventured deeper into the forest than usual. I sighed and started back, walking a little faster, knowing that I would miss the Hover (and as a consequence, my schedule for today) otherwise and I was more than motivated to avoid any more encounters with Rafe's parents.

By the time I stepped out of the forest, the Hovers were being occupied. I got onto the one closest to me, occupying a seat close to the translucent sides of the Hover and looked out the whole time.