Chapter Ten

I turned around and headed for the Hover I'd left Wolf at Freesia at. I climbed into it and looked for them, trying to spot them amongst the others who'd filled into the Hover. They were in the absolute last row, which was a stretch of conjoined seats. I saw that Wolf's friends had followed us here and were occupying the seats with them. However, Wolf and Freesia had a seat between them that was empty. Assuming that was mine, I walked towards it and settled into it.

Freesia raised her eyes at me and I hesitated to answer her silent question.

Then I shrugged, "She was sitting with someone." I said finally.

Freesia smirked in response, "The blonde alien hottie you mean?" She asked.

I laughed, "Yeah." Then I sobered up.

She nudged her shoulder with mine. "What's wrong?" She asked.

I shook my head. Why did I feel a little uncertain about it? I knew someone who was C'Riel as well. And we may not be best buddies, but we were...friends. Sort of?

Except...Rafe had never looked so cold. So...untouchable.

"Where's your head at, Red?" Wolf asked tugging a few strands of my hair, to get my attention.

I scowled at him and released my hair from his hold.

God, boys and hair.

"Nothing," I told him, then I looked forward wondering why we hadn't started yet.

The driver's seat was enclosed into a room, so I couldn't really see into it as the door was closed.

Huffing, I sat back and ended up meeting Loriel's light blue eyes. She was throwing me an unhappy expression and I raised my eyebrows. She threw me a haughty look and turned away, tossing her dark glossy hair over her shoulder.

"Whoa, attitude." Freesia said, curling the word attitude in a sing song voice.

I snorted and looked away. When the door of the Hover finally shut and the vehicle thrummed to life, I let out a heavy breath. Finally.

I didn't know where my restlessness came from, but it was finally put to rest when the vehicle moved forward smoothly.

I took to looking outside, over the three heads to my right, and saw only forest and more forest. Green and purple. It was beautiful. The C'Riel had integrated their lives with that of nature's in such a way that they didn't hurt her in anyway, or give up on any comfortable living conditions.

I respected how much they treasured every single life on their planet, and sought ways to protect it and live with it.

I looked down, regret filling me at the thought of how Earth would've thrived if they had lived on it rather than us.

I shook my head.

We would do better here.

We weren't our ancestors.

"So...Rafe?" Freesia murmured to me, leaning closer so that our conversation wouldn't be overheard.

I looked at her, "I have no idea what you're talking about," I told her almost-truthfully. I didn't know what she wanted to talk about, more like.

She threw me a sly smirk, "Don't kid yourself, I saw him turn to you and you nod and then him giving his name." She said.

"Yes. That did happen." I said slowly.

Freesia then raised her eyebrows, "How do you know him?" She asked.

I threw her an incredulous look, "How else could I possibly know him other than having seen him here?"