14. Tears

First the Albanian Mafia, then the contract, then the kiss, then the Mafia Ball and then the French Mafia as the host

First the Albanian Mafia, then the contract, then the kiss, then the Mafia Ball and then the French Mafia as the host. These tensions have clouded my mind and I need rest which wouldn't come to me. Like a pie chart with percentages in it, the kiss had the most percentage. It wasn't the first time me and Zemira shared a kiss but it was different. The first one was out haste but this one was out of hate or that is what I thought. To clear my mind of the thoughts, I left my room for a stroll in a mansion big enough for it. Out of big brother instinct, I went to check on Cosima but she wasn't there, so, I went to check on Saggio who too, wasn't there in his room. Getting a little worried, I sort of rushed to Genevieve's room because I knew Aillard would be with her. He's a lovesick cat these days. Barging into their room without any warning, I found the bed a bit ruffled as if they were there here a few minutes ago. Getting more worried, I went into the Vasilevitch sibling's room only to find no one there. I was about to enter Zemira's room when I heard a beautiful melody in my ears.

The same melody which was once played by a loved one. The loved one which we lost because of the world we live in.

I went to the well-remembered room where the beautiful melody was coming from and my heart skipped a beat at the sight before my eyes. Cosima, Saggio and Aillard had tears in their eyes where as Genevieve, Artur and Athena were comforting the three of them. My gaze went to the piano and the person sitting on the seat playing it. Zemira Vasilevitch. She was playing the piano gracefully as she changed to a song which brought tears in my eyes. She played the song with no flaw and tears were trickling down her face. A song which flooded my mind with memories of my sister. Zemira's fingers pressed the keys on the right places bringing out beautiful harmonies and perfect pitch. Her eyes were closed as the tears flowed down her face and played the piano with so much emotion. The song brought back both sad and happy memories.

After the song ended she opened her eyes, wiped the tears and gasped when she realised that the gang was also there. Athena, Saggio and Aillard had stopped crying but there faces were stained with tears and there eyes were a bit bloodshot. Genevieve was comforting Aillard who's head was on her lap.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have played it." Zemira apologised gaining everyone's attention.

"Don't apologise, you've given a lot of happiness by playing the piano." Athena reassured her as she went near her and patted her back.

"Who was Reina?" Zemira asked looking at her feet as if she regretted asking the question.

"Her name is written on the piano as well as the song I played." She said innocently still looking at her feet.

I walked to her and sat beside her. Using my fingers I raised her chin making her look into my eyes.

"Never regret asking questions, moy vampir (my vampire). She was our sister, the youngest but she died when she was 10 during a shooting." A tear dropped from my eyes as well as hers. Her eyes held pain, worry and pity.