31. Her sisterly gesture

I hate today

I hate today. I have officially decided that this day might be the year's worst day. And, that fucking Mafia ball is the reason behind my hatred towards this day. I mean, even the sun is not out today, despite it being July. Even the sun felt like saying a 'Fuck off' to Burgundy!

It's around 6 in the evening and the girl's were getting ready to go out for shopping which according to them would only take like an hour but, I seriously doubt that. All of them were gathered in my room as if they didn't have a room for themselves. Athena and Genevieve were frantically running around the whole room, searching for their lost earrings while Cosima was straightening her hair, the hums of a familiar song audible from the washroom.

Yesterday, these same crazy girls practically threatened to murder me if I didn't tell them about the meeting and how was Zemira but me being me, I just told them till the part where Marceau left. They felt relieved that it was Zemira who initiated the idea of playing UNO, because they think that she was fine. But only I knew she wasn't and they'll witness that today.

The boys were laying on the bed with me, looking at the girl's with admiration, except me. I was bored, my hands wanted to kill, they wanted blood on them but Cosima didn't allow me to do that. Did she really think that she could persuade me?!

I was about to get up from the crowded bed when the bell of the room rang, startling us all with the high pitched sound of it. I finally get up from the bed and walk towards the door while the others suspiciously peep from their places. Opening the door, I see three of my men holding three large black satin boxes which had black ribbon bows wrapped around them.

The man nearest to me looks at me with a small smile while I keep the same cold expression on my face. "Don, questi pacchi sono stati inviati da un gruppo di uomini. Sono controllati e totalmente sicuri." (Don, these packages were sent from a bunch of men. They are checked and totally safe.) He states and I give him a little nod. Shifting aside, all three of them enter the room and keep the boxes on the empty bed, the boys standing by the balcony door. The men leave the room and I go back into the room where everyone was looking at the box with narrowed eyes.

"Athena, open the boxes." I find myself saying to Athena who glares at me immediately. "It's checked, Athena." This seems to relief her, dropping the glare she advances towards the boxes and opens them one by one.

A gasp releases from Athena's mouth making everyone lean forward, taking a better look at contents of the boxes. Three beautiful dresses were laying in the boxes, all three being red. The dresses were absolutely gorgeous and they would look very beautiful on the three of them. Cosima and Genevieve run to the boxes and take the dresses in their hands, admiring it while Athena's hand goes towards the label attached in each dress.

Tossing the boxes on the ground, all the boys sit on the bed, eagerly looking at Athena whose eyes were brimming with tears, looking at the label. "Those two motherfuckers know that we love red. She might've told him." She mutters when suddenly we hear a gasp from Genevieve who hugs the dress with all her might.