20. Oceano

Just me, my book and my memories

Just me, my book and my memories. The whole night I was troubled by these three. My stomach growled like a werewolf, the book was too emotional and my memories were just....unbearable, I think. Before having insomnia, I was a big fan of sleep and I still am. I used to sleep for a whole day with no worries but one day, they came without knocking. One day, my worries barged into my life, telling me to keep my guard up 24/7.

I have loved my bed from the day I laid on it and this bed at the penthouse was nothing like it but now I'm starting to believe, it's not the bed keeping me in it for hours just to read books. I'm starting to believe that it might be me, it might be me who was trying to avoid the world outside.

With no care of world, I, just like the other days, got up from the bed around 11 in the morning. Barcelona, indeed, is a beautiful place, but I wanted to stay in the bed and just be myself for the day. So, I brushed my teeth, took a nice shower and changed into the most comfiest I could find in the closest. Did they really believe that I worked the whole fucking day? I wore the only floral lace tank top in the closet with grey sweats and went back to my bedroom just to hop on the bed. Into the blanket we gooo!

The warmth of the blanket was about to spread across my body, when suddenly the bell rings and Gosh, the person rang the bell for like a thousand times

The warmth of the blanket was about to spread across my body, when suddenly the bell rings and Gosh, the person rang the bell for like a thousand times. What's the rush, dudee? I ran downstairs to the office to keep the book in the shelf and then again ran to the door. 'I'm literally gonna kill this person', this is what I thought...until I opened the door and saw a familiar face. Paloma. Paloma was standing in front me, completely breathless. Her chest heaved as she struggled to control her breathing. In a bolt, I took her into my arms and took her to the kitchen. After filling the glass with water, I gave the glass to her and she gulped the water in a matter of seconds.

Soon her breathing got controlled and she was grinning at me while my face was laced with worry. Before I could ask her, I heard a shout from outside which sounded pretty familiar. Alma.

"OMA! COME OUTSIDE, RIGHT NOW!" Alma was standing just outside the door and was searching around the penthouse with anger. Alma also looked breathless and was covered in sweat. Paloma tightened her grip on me and hugged me tightly as she whispered in my ear.