64. Duke duo

Flying above Naples in a private jet is like witnessing a breathtaking painting come to life

Flying above Naples in a private jet is like witnessing a breathtaking painting come to life. The city hugs the coastline of the Gulf of Naples, with colourful buildings and narrow streets creating a vibrant mosaic. The blue waters of the Tyrrhenian Sea provide a stunning backdrop, and you can spot iconic landmarks like Castel dell'Ovo and Castel Nuovo. In the distance, the majestic Mount Vesuvius adds a touch of drama to the scene.

From up here, you see the daily rhythm of Naples—the hustle and bustle, the charm of hanging laundry on balconies, and the rich history bleeding into every corner. As the first light of dawn began to paint the sky over Naples, I found myself captivated by the sight from the window. The city below slowly stirred to life, its rooftops bathed in the warmth of the waking sun.

The gentle hum of the jet's engines provided a soothing backdrop as I gazed out of the window, transfixed by the unfolding spectacle. Beside me, Canzone noticed my entranced gaze. "It's beautiful, isn't it?" he remarked, his voice carrying a sense of awe.

I tore my gaze away from the mesmerising view for a moment, meeting Canzone's eyes with a knowing smile. "Absolutely," I replied, my voice hushed as if not to disturb the delicate spectacle before us.

"Naples has this way of getting under your skin, doesn't it?" Canzone continued, and I nodded, electricity buzzing in my spine.

"It's like this timeless mix of history and beauty," I said, trying to put into words what I felt.

Canzone leaned in a bit, the atmosphere between us growing warmer. "Almost as timeless as the way your eyes light up when you're into something," he remarked, and I blushed.

"You really notice these things, huh?" I teased, meeting his gaze again.

He smiled, a bit playfully. "Only when they're as captivating as the sunrise in Naples and as enchanting as the person watching it."

A familiar phrase from Canzone brought me back to a night when we stood in the middle of the swimming pool, in front of the beauty of trees. He had once said something similar about the enchantment in my eyes, the memory flooding back like a bittersweet melody.

I felt a pang in my chest, a piece of my heart breaking as the flashback played out in my mind. The beauty of that night had been tainted by the realization that moments like those could be fragile, that words could be a fleeting illusion.

Sensing the shift in my demeanor, Canzone gently took my hand, his touch a reassuring anchor. "Zemira," he said, his voice soft and sincere, "I know that night left its mark on you. But I want you to know, nothing like that will ever happen again."

His words were like a gentle caress, a promise of a different reality. I looked into his eyes, searching for sincerity, and found a depth of understanding that soothed the ache in my heart.

"I mean it," Canzone continued, his thumb tracing comforting circles on the back of my hand. "Sometimes, life throws unexpected shadows, but I'm here to make sure the light is always stronger."