.chapter 8.

Izuku wakes up, his head foggy. He reaches to his side, a packet of paper sitting besides him.

"Here's a copy of your test if your bored at all, the TV remotes beside you, and there's food in the fridge. I'm probably at work by the time you read this.

When I get home though, we're gonna have to talk. Not in a bad way though, I swear! But yeah.

- Sincerely, Detective Tsukauchi"

Izuku cringed at the awkwardness of the note, and grabbed the tv remote. He turned on 'CoryxKenshin' and picked up the packet and pencil, starting his way on the test while watching.

Tsukauchi sighed, his mind racing at 10 different speeds.

Recently, he gotten a call abitt ur accidental quirk usuals by a kid who just recently developed his quirk.

Apparently, his quirk is called, 'controlled' he can see the strings of people like a puppet, he can make people see what he's thinking while under control, or force them to see something.

Today, his quirk, randomly activated, and he'd seen the strings of people. He pulled them, messing around with them, thinking they were some random strings.

Eventually, a few people got hurt, and he apologized, but they have to figure out how to help the kid.

He decided to pause on his work, and instead, head home early to check on Izuku. He packs his back, and a few coffee cups, and heads on his way back.

He reaches his home, tired from the walk back, and desperately opens the door.

He walks in to see a relaxing Izuku, eating a little bit of  Maruchan ramen noodles.

He smiles, and Izuku swiftly turns his head back to see who's there. He notices the detective, and waves, and raises the paper over the couch.

Tsukauchi comes over, and sits on the couch next to the kid.

"Hey, Izuku. Finish the test already?" Izuku nods, and hands It too him.

Tsukauchi looks It over, checking the paper. He nearly got every question right. 'Some of this stuff isn't till college level..how?'

"Kid..some of this stuff is college level, how did you learn all this?"

"I took..a couple extra online classes in my spare time, I can't Remember exactly who It was though..I know he was a principal at a popular school though," Izuku says, as he thinks back to the idea.

"Well Jesus kid, if you weren't hired earlier, you're definitely hired now. Speaking of that. I have a case I'm currently working on. Wanna help?"

Izuku nods, and Tsukauchi pulls the case file from his bag. Izuku begins reading through the witness reports, as well as a quirk and story report.

"Ah..so we need to figure out how to help the kid so that doesn't happen again, right?" Tsukauchi nods.

"Hm..." Izuku thinks, sitting back. He goes on a shirt mumbling spree, and tsukauchi looks at him, shocked, at all the words he can spit out.

"Oh! What about a quirk counselor? He can always learn from there, I know of some people who often get better control of there quirks there,"

Oh. How come Tsukauchi didn't think of that.

"That's..that smart. I don't know how I didn't think of that," he says, and scratches the back of his neck.

"Here, how about I give you the mother's phone number, and you can call them, offering the idea," Tsukauchi insits,

Izuku just nods, looking through the file for his mother's number. Tsukauchi hands him his work phone, and Izuku takes it, dialing the number.

"Hello? Detective?"

"Hi, Ma'am! My names Midoriya...I'm calling regarding your sons' quirk issues. Do you mind if I can speak to him?"

"N-no! Of course not, sweetie! Arlo, Come here! A nice detective wants to talk to you about your quirk!"

Izuku heads some small scurrying in the background and a change of voices

"U-uhm..hello?" The voice asks hesitantly.

"Hi, Arlo! My names Midoriya, or you can call me Deku for short! I have an idea for you, so you can get your quirk under control, but...Jt takes a secret mission, so will you listen?"

Arlo's eyes brighten from the other side of the phone. "Mhm! Mhm!"

"Okay! There's this thing, called a quirk counselor. They teach you how to control your quirk better, so nothing bad happens to you or anyone else! But it's a challenge..are you up to it?"

"Yeah! I wanna be a hero, like all might! And he always takes chances!"

"Okay then! Mom, are you okay with that?"

"Yes..yes, I am. Thank you so much, sweetie,"

"It's no problem. I'll get you signed up with a quirk counselor for Friday, at 4:30 PM. Is that okay?"

"Yeah, It is. Thank you so much for this, your doing us both a large favor, sweetie."

"It's no problem, once again. I'll make a call, and I'll see you there, okay, Arlo?"

"Yeah! Thank you, Mr. Deku!"

"Y..your welcome, mr. Arlo,"

They hang up the phone, and Izuku's lets out a sigh of relief. Jt wasn't as hard as he thought, but It was just as nerve racking.

"You did great, kid. I'll do the call with the quirk counselor. And just for that, I'll drive you up there to see Arlo, alright?"

Izuku happily nods, and walks into his room, cherry he did something right.

Tsukauchi sighs in relief, izuku doing a lot better than he originally thought. Not that he wasn't grateful for that, but still, It was an extremely nerve racking thing watching from afar.

He dialed the Counselor, and made the appointment, smiling happily. He was proud at the kid for smoothly talking like that.

He put the file back in order, taking a sip from his coffee, and stamping, 'Completed' on it, to put it in the bin for finished cases tomorrow.

He lays back, thinking if what he should make for dinner.

——

Izuku sat on his guest bed, happy he made an accomplishment for today. He lays on the guest bed, squeezing a pillow while watching his phone.

He counted watching, until a ringer pops up.

His father.

————————————————————————————
Word count: 1030

Hello! I hope as I add more chapters onto this, the reads and votes will grow, so this story can blow soon enough!

Anyways, have a good rest of your day! I