Chapter 02: Charlie

Elizabeth POVNot much happened on the plane ride

Elizabeth POV
Not much happened on the plane ride. Isabella and I listened to our separate tastes in music and read our different tastes in literature. Isabella listened to Mozart while reading her beat up copy of 'A summer to remember'. While I jammed to Fallout boy and read 'Graceling' which I had just purchased for my new beginning in Forks.

When we landed we were greeted by Charlie, our father, who wore his police uniform and held up a sign much to Isabella's chagrin. I don't see why she hates her full name, mom picked out beautiful names for us.

Charlie, is a 6'0 tall man with an average build in his 40s. He has a mustache and curly brown hair, with chocolate brown eyes that Isabella inherited.

Actually, Isabella is a carbon copy of Charlie. Both Charlie and Isabella have dark chocolatey brown hair with equally chocolate brown large round eyes and alabaster skin (though Charlie's is a shade or two darker than Isabella's possibly because he goes outside more). The only things that Isabella inherited from our mother is her straight hair, her height, and pointed chin as well as the brick like body type with a diamond shaped face.

Whereas I'm a carbon copy of our mother. I have reddish brown hair, that becomes more red with sunlight and warmth, and gray-blue eyes with fair skin. I'm slightly shorter than Isabella and Renee, but I'm sure that, that came from Grandma Marie who stood at a height of 4'8 in her youth and shrank to 4'6 as she aged. I also inherited my mother's plump lips. The only things that I think I inherited from Charlie is my heart shaped face with large round eyes and possibly my more curvier body type? I'm not sure. I'd have to see pictures of the women in his family.

Charlie took our bags and placed them in the trunk of a police cruiser. Isabella raced to ensure she got the front seat and locked the door behind her before smiling smugly at me through the window.

I shrugged it off and climbed into the backseat and buckled up. Isabella scowled at not being able to upset or hurt my feelings and proceeded to cross her arms and pout like a toddler in the front seat.

Our personalities were very different as well.

Isabella took after our mother in being erratic and childish, but often went to the extreme with it. She, acts like spoiled brat and constantly needed all the attention on her despite the fact that she claims to hate attention. Isabella is the ultimate pick-me girl and it's honestly become her whole personality. In truth I think that the only honest thing about her are her favorite colors orange and brown.

As for me..... I'm a weird bipolar otaku. I either need to be doing housework (cooking and cleaning) and basically being the mom friend on crack, or I'm the lazy friend that sleeps during class and seemingly sleeps 24/7 sometimes in the craziest places and oddest positions. Yet somehow I'm a straight A+ student. I surprise myself with it sometimes.

Charlie gets in and we drive away from the airport and out of Seattle to Forks.

Isabella and I look out the windows, and taking in our gloomy new surroundings..... I love it! But I know that Isabella hates it so I hold in my dreamy sigh and hide my pleased smile from view.

I look forward at Isabella who sits next to our, police chief father, Charlie. From what I can get from his soul reading, Charlie is taciturn, introverted like me and how Isabella pretends to be. Their strained silence contrasts Isabella's relationship with our mother. Finally Charlie decides to awkwardly start a conversation "Your hair's longer....." Isabella grabs a lock of her hair and looks at it as she mumbles out "I cut it since last time I saw you" "Guess it grew out again" Charlie continues awkwardly and Isabella just nods then there's silence again.

'Awkward....seriously guys? Me talking a moron of the male species is better than this!' I think as I roll my eyes and say "Dad hasn't seen us since we were three, Isabella, at that time it was probably done to our ears so of course it seems longer to him" Isabella turns around and says "How many times do I have to tell you it's just 'Bella', are you retarded?" Charlie looks appalled by Isabella's words and says "Isa— Bella, please don't use that kind of language, especially when you're talking to your sister."

Isabella scowls before going back to pouting and sulking in the front seat. Charlie looks at me through the rear view mirror and continues to talk with me, seeing as I'm the only one willing to make polite small talk with the man.

"How's your mom?" He asks still kinda awkward " Mom's good. Her and Phil are planning to take their honeymoon now since they didn't when they first got married" Charlie frowns and asks "Why didn't they?" I answer and explained "Because we had just moved from California to Arizona into our new house, and Phil just moved from Texas, and we would be home alone unpacking since we didn't have anyone to watch us and that made mom uncomfortable."

Charlie nodded and said "You're mother was always a nervous ninny....especially with you and what happened...." I nodded "Being born a malnourished stillborn is pretty scary and I don't blame her for her protectiveness, though I do wish that she'd ease up on it" Charlie coughed and nodded "Right! Being a stillborn..." I narrowed my eyes at his poor lying skills and peeked into his mind 'Renee didn't tell them that they were run out of town?' I blinked in confusion 'Run out of town? Why were we run out? What happened? Why are they keeping secrets from us?'

I'm brought out of my thoughts when Charlie asks "What about Marie? Couldn't she stay with you while Phil and Renee were on their honeymoon?" Isabella spoke up and said "Gran died when we were eleven. Two weeks before the wedding" she then jammed her earbuds into her ears and listened to Debussy.

"Oh...." Charlie only said and I didn't know how to speak after that so there was silence. Yikes.

We pass a sight that reads

The City Of Forks Welcomes You - Pop. 3246.

I hear Isabella sigh depressingly.