Chapter 19: Baseball game

Elizabeth's POVBella is in the living room watching a romantic movie as I enter the kitchen to find Charlie cleaning a rifle

Elizabeth's POV
Bella is in the living room watching a romantic movie as I enter the kitchen to find Charlie cleaning a rifle. He says a subconscious 'hello' to which I nod and dig around the fridge to replace his beer.

"I'm going out with the Cullens tonight" I say as I replace his beer and throw away the empty bottle. Charlie suddenly looks like he's having an aneurysm and quickly said "He's too old for you!" I look at him in confusion "Who? Edward? We're just friends. Besides we're both juniors. It's a family thing and Esme invited me. I thought you liked the Cullens" Charlie ignores that and says "And I thought you weren't interested in any of the boys—or girls! in town."

I blinked and said "I'm not. Besides Edward doesn't live in town and again he's just a friend seriously he's like a brother to me. Also he's waiting outside right now" Charlie's eyes practically bulge "Now? He's out there?" I nodded and said "He wants to meet you. Officially" Charlie nods as well and says  "Good" He cocks the rifle in mock-seriousness making me shake my head and facepalm "Be nice, okay? He's... important to me" Charlie gives me a reassuring nod... then I open the front door and notice that Bella has disappeared and internally groan. I open the door to reveal Edward in a parka and gloves and I smile before guiding him to the kitchen.

"Chief Swan. I wanted to formally introduce myself. I'm Edward" Edward extends his hand. Charlie reluctantly takes it, after receiving a look from me and grunts a 'hello', resisting him "I won't keep Elizabeth out late tonight. We're just going to go play baseball with my family" Charlie stared at us and asks "Elizabeth's going to play baseball? But she sleeps through gym" I blushed and Edward chuckles and tassels my hair like I'm a little kid and says "Yes, sir, that's the plan!"

Charlie snickers and says "Well. More power to you, I guess" Edward then looks him in the eyes and says "She'll be safe with me, sir, I promise" As Edward exits... Charlie holds me back and quietly whispers "You got that pepper spray?" I shake my head and say "Yeah, I do" before grabbing my coat and walking to Emmett's jeep that he loaned Edward.

Edward and I climb into a massive jeep (I may, or may not have needed assistance) parked in the drive. After Edward gets in he amusingly comments "Charlie thinks you should go to an all-girl's school" I smirk and say "Endless pussy? Sign me up!" Edward makes a face and groans in disgust before driving away.