Chapter 15: Welcome to the family

Elizabeth's POV Water sprays from a hose as Edward and wash my truck

Elizabeth's POV
Water sprays from a hose as Edward and wash my truck.

A boom box plays in the background. Edward  perches on top of the roof "Come to my house tomorrow" he requests making me looks up, aiming the hose badly - water ricochets off the cab and sprays hitting Bella, who approaches us, in her face. He jumps down from the roof "Your house? With your family?" I asked.

He wipes down the dented front fender, then reaches under it and, with his bare hands, easily pops a large dent out of the truck's body "Thanks" I say. Bella's too flustered to register it "But... what if they don't like me?" She asks pouting and we both look at her as if she's grown two heads "Who said that you were invited?" We asked in unison. Bella scowls and says "We're twins Elizabeth we have to go every where together" we give her a 'are you fucking kidding me' look.

Bella continues and says "Besides I'm Edward's mate, I have to meet his parents" Edward rolls his eyes and says "Isabella, for that last time we're not mates-!" She ignores him and goes inside to look for the perfect outfit to wear. I look at Edward about to say something, but he hushed me as he hears something.

"What is it?" I ask and he simply says "A complication" as a black car comes into view, and pulls up "I'll pick you up tomorrow" he whispers and heads to his car, eying the passengers in the car. Jacob, with his father, Billy, who's expression is intense. Anxious. It seems to be slow motion as Edward locks eyes with Billy. Jacob who looks questioningly at his father.

I watched as Edward drives away, perturbed by the exchange. I force a smile and goes to greet the visitors. Jacob sets up Billy's wheelchair and Billy climbs into it "Come to visit your truck?" I ask politely "Looks good. You got that dent out" Jake comments and Billy says "Actually, we came to visit your flat screen. First Mariners game of the season. Plus Jacob here kept bugging me to see you again" we share a laugh and Jake rolls his eyes as he says "Great, Dad. Thanks."

Jacob shoots his father an irritated look, just as the police cruiser pulls up. Charlie climbs out, holding two six-packs "Pale Ale" and Billy holds up a brown paper bag "Harry Clearwater's homemade fish fry" Charlie smiles, pleased. He clicks on the game as we all head inside.